Lake City M855 Ammo on sale at CTD!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lake City M855 Ammo on sale at CTD!!

cooden
09-21-2010, 13:15
Get it while it lasts!!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=AMM-223C&utm_source=Weekly%2BEmail&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=AMM223C&utm_campaign=10-09-21LakeCity556

fuzzy03cls
09-21-2010, 13:19
With all the M855 around no one knows if this is 1st's, 2nd's or other.

cooden
09-21-2010, 13:31
With all the M855 around no one knows if this is 1st's, 2nd's or other.

What do you mean? I thought that all Lake City was good ammo...:dunno:

polizei1
09-21-2010, 13:53
LC is what the Marine Corps uses, and I've NEVER had an issue with this ammo when I've shot it. That includes rain on the ammo (in the mag), in the chamber, barrel, etc.

I would buy LC in the heartbeat.

cooden
09-21-2010, 14:07
LC is what the Marine Corps uses, and I've NEVER had an issue with this ammo when I've shot it. That includes rain on the ammo (in the mag), in the chamber, barrel, etc.

I would buy LC in the heartbeat.

I was under the impression that LC is the best M855 ammo that you can buy. This was cheaper than anything on ammoman.com & ammotogo.com They all had this at $450 per 1K.

gunsnhoses
09-21-2010, 14:14
Just wait, it'll come down even more.

fuzzy03cls
09-21-2010, 18:17
Just because it's labeled or called lake city doesn't mean it's quailty 1st run ammo. Many M855 that federal sells to the public is factory 2nds at reduced prices. This ammo has sealant on the cases & may include dented/tarnished cases. And yes it's also label as lake city & has LC stamped on them.
So you get sellers thinking their M855 is worth the premium, when in fact it's not. In reality it's all the same performing ammo.
I have both kinds.

Kalmah
09-21-2010, 18:19
What do you mean? I thought that all Lake City was good ammo...:dunno:
It is... if you're in the military. The LC ammo on the civilian market is most likely from lots rejected by the military for some reason or another.

The stuff from CTD is probably good to go, it's just not top of the line LC ammo.

mjkeat
09-21-2010, 18:26
I know Ft Drum sells its brass. I dont recall who buys it but was once on a sorting detail. There were quite a few hoppers full of 7.62/5.56 brass and links. Where does this brass end up? Commercial vendors?

Glockdude1
09-21-2010, 18:28
That is a good price. Back in 2009, the price of that ammo was almost $1 per round, from some sellers.

:cool:

polizei1
09-21-2010, 18:31
I saw somewhere that Ft. Leonard Wood also sells it's brass. I wish I would have known that prior to me leaving lol. I would have brought some back!

Edit* I've been searching and now can't find it for the life of me...it was all dirty once-fired in huge lots for cheap.

Tucson_1
09-22-2010, 19:36
I know Ft Drum sells its brass. I dont recall who buys it but was once on a sorting detail. There were quite a few hoppers full of 7.62/5.56 brass and links. Where does this brass end up? Commercial vendors?

Yes it ends up on the commercial market. That's where a lot of remanufactured ammo. begins life. As a matter of fact the anti-gunners know this and at one point had attempted to reclassify military spent brass. By doing so they could have forced the military to destroy the brass rather than sell it. Effectively putting many manufacturers of of business. A couple of the good guys caught wind of this and put a stop to it.

On the positive side of the issue:

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) - Montana Senators Max Baucus and Jon Tester today released the following statement in response to news that Alliant Techsystems has announced that it will withdraw from recycling spent brass casings for U.S. military installations. The decision will allow more military brass to be sold to civilian gun-owners.

“We are pleased that Alliant Techsystems has decided to stop its current contracts to recycle spent brass casings for U.S. military installations. This is good news for America’s gun owners because it will make additional spent casings available, which is just one more way that gun rights in America are becoming stronger.”

After learning that certain military installations were selling the spent casing directly to private companies rather than making them available on the open market, civilians, Baucus and Tester sent a letter to the military to demand that they continue to make spent casings available for American gun owners.

Alliant Techsystems’ decision will increase the amount of spent casings available for purchase by gun owners and small businesses.

Baucus and Tester are strong gun rights advocates. Tester last year led, and Baucus joined, the bipartisan effort in Congress to write a friend-of-the-court brief in favor of gun rights in the U.S. Supreme Court’s McDonald v. Chicago case.

m2hmghb
09-22-2010, 21:56
Gee that same case of ammo was over 600 dollars the day after Obama was elected.

Eyescream
09-22-2010, 22:07
Gee that same case of ammo was over 600 dollars the day after Obama was elected.

It's a funny old world, innit?

M1A Shooter
09-22-2010, 22:35
id make sure you test it for velocity if shooting at distance with it. for plinking ammo, it should be fine.

there have been several people complaining about the M118LR ammo they bought from CTD. it was clocking in 200-250fps slower than it should have been. not a big deal for the AR plnkers but for a match grade bolt action rifle and people using this to shoot at distance, it makes a big difference between hit or miss.

nursetim
09-23-2010, 01:45
That is a good price. Back in 2009, the price of that ammo was almost $1 per round, from some sellers.

:cool:

From ctd if memory serves. I say let them swing until it gets down to $0.15/rd. Let them take a loss on their greed.

Randolph da man
09-23-2010, 04:36
From ctd if memory serves. I say let them swing until it gets down to $0.15/rd. Let them take a loss on their greed.

CtD is off my approved shoppers list.
their prices are irrevelant to me.

pal2511
09-24-2010, 07:07
Aimsurplus.com has ammo on sale for 1000 rounds for 300 bucks

polizei1
09-24-2010, 12:02
Aimsurplus.com has ammo on sale for 1000 rounds for 300 bucks

Steal case is really cheap on there ($200 per k)...62gr PMC is $310 for 1k. Standard Prvi ball (M885) is $300. Not too bad.

-Cody

mjkeat
09-24-2010, 15:59
Yes it ends up on the commercial market. That's where a lot of remanufactured ammo. begins life. As a matter of fact the anti-gunners know this and at one point had attempted to reclassify military spent brass. By doing so they could have forced the military to destroy the brass rather than sell it. Effectively putting many manufacturers of of business. A couple of the good guys caught wind of this and put a stop to it.

On the positive side of the issue:

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) - Montana Senators Max Baucus and Jon Tester today released the following statement in response to news that Alliant Techsystems has announced that it will withdraw from recycling spent brass casings for U.S. military installations. The decision will allow more military brass to be sold to civilian gun-owners.

“We are pleased that Alliant Techsystems has decided to stop its current contracts to recycle spent brass casings for U.S. military installations. This is good news for America’s gun owners because it will make additional spent casings available, which is just one more way that gun rights in America are becoming stronger.”

After learning that certain military installations were selling the spent casing directly to private companies rather than making them available on the open market, civilians, Baucus and Tester sent a letter to the military to demand that they continue to make spent casings available for American gun owners.

Alliant Techsystems’ decision will increase the amount of spent casings available for purchase by gun owners and small businesses.

Baucus and Tester are strong gun rights advocates. Tester last year led, and Baucus joined, the bipartisan effort in Congress to write a friend-of-the-court brief in favor of gun rights in the U.S. Supreme Court’s McDonald v. Chicago case.

Thank you.

PIDDLER
09-26-2010, 21:54
Palmetto State Armory (site sponsor) has LC m855 for $309/1000, $12 shipping. I got some two weeks ago, haven't shot it yet but looks good! Of course YMMV!:wavey:

JohnnyReb
09-30-2010, 20:44
CTD can keep their ammo.