Need help installing Warren Sights in Colorado!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing Warren Sights in Colorado!!

nvrsmr08
09-21-2010, 17:40
I bought Warren Tactical sights tritium front and plain rear sights for my Glock 22 duty gun. I had them installed by Neves, and they dented the rear sight pretty bad with the sight pusher. I even told them we might need to file before install. Well I purchased a single Warren Tactical 1 dot night sight to replace my plain rear sight. I once again took it to Neves during Glock Days to have a certified Glock Armorer install the sight and do a detail clean. Once again I stated that the sight are a tight fit and might need filing. Well the sight was installed and once again it has a dent on the side of the sight.

So long story short, I will be going to pick up my Gen4 23 here in the next few days. I already have a set of Warren 2 dots to install, but I am hoping there is someone who can help me install the sights without denting it this time??

Wash-ar15
09-21-2010, 23:04
Are they using the correct pusher? They need the straight side one. Also,I always use a piece of buisness card inserted between the pushing part and the site to prevent marring.

nvrsmr08
09-24-2010, 17:32
Not sure what kind of pusher was used but it puts a small dent in the left side of the sight.

Wash-ar15
09-24-2010, 18:06
sound more like they used a punch. did you see them install them?

nvrsmr08
09-25-2010, 10:04
No they do it in the back. I just want to find someone I can take my Gen4 23 to that will not dent the rear sight on the install any advise?

bentbiker
09-25-2010, 11:42
Not sure what kind of pusher was used but it puts a small dent in the left side of the sight.

No they do it in the back. I just want to find someone I can take my Gen4 23 to that will not dent the rear sight on the install any advi[c]e?
Any chance of a picture of the "dent"? Not sure how a pusher can cause a dent in steel; did he push against a squared-off shoulder with an angled pusher? As for advice, I'd suggest going back to the installer and saying, "I came to you for installation because you are a professional. Look at this sight and explain to me what went wrong. How could your pusher cause this?"