Aborting puppies? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aborting puppies?

JuneyBooney
09-21-2010, 22:21
What do you guys think of aborting puppies that would be about a month along? I have a purebred White GSD that got knocked up when I left her with my mom. The dad is an akc shepherd also white but I can't afford anymore pups at this time. Am I horrible for considering taking the dog riggt away to the vet for spaying even though she is pregnant? :crying::shocked:

Glocks&Ducs
09-21-2010, 22:36
I think that if they will be a burden, you should do it. Only you know what you can handle. Your vet will most likely agree, and I believe they do it all the time. Especially with cats.

JuneyBooney
09-21-2010, 23:12
I think that if they will be a burden, you should do it. Only you know what you can handle. Your vet will most likely agree, and I believe they do it all the time. Especially with cats.

I guess I will have to take her tomorrow and see if they can determine how many pups she is carrying. I could handle one or two but my luck would be six or more and then trying to find them good forever homes would be difficult. Thanks

dotsun
09-22-2010, 04:22
I would consider wiping and installing a good Linux distro to prevent this in the future.

IndyGunFreak
09-22-2010, 04:26
If they are pure bred... and both parents are AKC registered...

Just run an add for free AKC GSD pups. No shots, just weened, etc.

I'm thinking those pups wouldn't last 3 days.

Not really sure how this fits in w/ computers... and I'm always up for a good crack on someone that does this, but being an animal lover, I thought I'd be serious.

IGF

jpa
09-22-2010, 08:02
What browser were you using? I recommend Firefox with a good antivirus like AVG or Avast.

We definitely need more info like how much RAM and HD space you have and if you're connected via a wifi or hardwired connection.

srhoades
09-22-2010, 10:00
Sounds like something was able to penetrate your firewall.

JuneyBooney
09-22-2010, 22:52
If they are pure bred... and both parents are AKC registered...

Just run an add for free AKC GSD pups. No shots, just weened, etc.

I'm thinking those pups wouldn't last 3 days.

Not really sure how this fits in w/ computers... and I'm always up for a good crack on someone that does this, but being an animal lover, I thought I'd be serious.

IGF

I am considering that too. They are both akc shepherds. I adopted the mother from a man that was losing his home to foreclosure. So I am tending some extra dogs. But you may be one hundred percent right...they may go quick. I guess the xray tomorrow will tell me how many are on the way. Thanks

JuneyBooney
09-22-2010, 22:53
I would consider wiping and installing a good Linux distro to prevent this in the future.

I have never gotten into Linux. :whistling: But thanks for the advice anyway.

JuneyBooney
10-01-2010, 00:53
Well, I didn't make the doc in time and the little momma had six beautiful little White GSD pups. They are four days old.

dotsun
10-01-2010, 02:17
Awww, I bet they're adorable. Now quarantine that virus! ;)

Ralff
10-01-2010, 07:19
I'll take one, if you deliver to FL. :supergrin:

Really though, if you don't want the puppies it sounds like you can make some good money if you sold them.

Linux3
10-01-2010, 13:28
I don't understand. Why are some people unable to read what a forum is about?

Glocks&Ducs
10-01-2010, 13:49

Have you considered it was an honest mistake? I have had multiple forums open in the past, and posted a question in the wrong section. If it bothers you that much, ask a mod to move it. Or you could simply have not opened it to begin with. It isn't like the title was misleading or anything.

JuneyBooney
10-01-2010, 20:33
Have you considered it was an honest mistake? I have had multiple forums open in the past, and posted a question in the wrong section. If it bothers you that much, ask a mod to move it. Or you could simply have not opened it to begin with. It isn't like the title was misleading or anything.

It was actually started in the Lounge and then moved...unless the computer messed up. :shocked: But the pups are very cute and I hope they can all be found homes that have good people. It is so hard to find "good people" nowadays. I will post some pics this weekend of the little pups...haven't sexed them yet so I don't know how many boys there are out of the litter.

bug
10-01-2010, 20:43
Well if they don't go as fast as you want them too you could place an add on craigslist for a eastern European near a high bridge to take care of them for you.

JuneyBooney
10-03-2010, 01:09
Well if they don't go as fast as you want them too you could place an add on craigslist for a eastern European near a high bridge to take care of them for you.

I think I would keep them before I would do that. But I have always thought that humans should be "hunted". :whistling::rofl:

filthy infidel
10-06-2010, 18:11
I recommend a good D-band to prevent stray data, but it looks like those sperm have already sailed...:whistling:

rhikdavis
10-23-2010, 22:34
Well, I didn't make the doc in time and the little momma had six beautiful little White GSD pups. They are four days old.

Well that was a short gestation period.

Why do you care...

ARs&AKs
10-24-2010, 15:27
Because they have the attentions span of a sand flea. He was probably reading a post in this in this forum, blinked, and then posted what he did never realizing what he was doing.