Have Heinie install sights necessary??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Have Heinie install sights necessary???

GlocK_W0rK
09-23-2010, 22:38
So I'm getting Heinie sights for my G17 and Heinie's website recommends sending your slide to them for installation because they claim the Glock sight pusher can cause the sight to go into the dovetail at an angle. The sights are expensive enough already and I'm wondering if it's really necessary to dish out the extra cash to send my slide to Heinie and have them install the sights??? Or is their claim simply a BS attempt to make more money??? Anyone with Heinie sights, please chime in letting me know.

Thanks

On a side note (not sure if this is allowed here{if not, mods please let me know and I'll edit this portion out}) my current sights are Ameriglo Operator Pros (green/green). They are 13 months old. If anyone is interested in buying them once I get my new sights, shoot me a PM.

NMPOPS
09-23-2010, 22:59
I have Heinie Straight 8' on my 26 and my 19 put them on myself with a non-Glock site pusher I got years ago from Brownells. No problems.

Bought the sights from Brownells too

shotgunred
09-23-2010, 23:30
You can do it yourself. No need for a special tool.

GlocK_W0rK
09-23-2010, 23:34
Sounds good. Thanks guys.

HAMMERHEAD
09-23-2010, 23:48
I've put many sets of Heinies on Glocks, I use a hammer and a Delrin punch. Don't be afraid to remove a little material from the rear sight's dovetail with a fine triangular file if it feels too tight, they have a set screw that locks it in place. Use grease in the slot and on the sight. Keep it straight.
The grease will allow you to re-adjust windage more easily after you go to the range.

Folsom_Prison
09-24-2010, 01:13
Good luck!