What is the purpose of 10mm and .45auto xp springs? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of 10mm and .45auto xp springs?

ARMEDPILOT
09-24-2010, 11:07
Besides assurring that the primers are properly ignited, why would i think that extra power trigger and firing pin springs would be worth installing with lwd 3.5 connector for the purpose of a better trigger pull?

JR
09-24-2010, 14:52
Evidently you are confused as to what these two springs do?

The factory trigger spring weight is 5 lbs. The increased trigger spring weight is 6lbs. Your current line of thinking is: "how can a 6lb trigger spring be better (lighter) than a 5lb trigger spring?" The truth of the matter is the trigger spring is "pulling" on the trigger. The more spring weight you have "pulling" on the trigger, the easier it is to pull with your finger. Yes 6lbs is more than 5lbs so the increased trigger spring weight is helping you pull the trigger thereby making it easier.

The opposite is true with the striker spring. The factory weight of the striker spring is 5lbs. The decreased weight is 4lbs. The trigger kick-up "pulls" the striker rearward when you pull the trigger. The more weight you have on this spring the harder you have to pull the trigger rearward. In this case, the decreased weight is lighter making the resistance of the trigger pull easier.

ARMEDPILOT
09-24-2010, 15:54
In this case then, a G20 SF, with both springs(trigger and striker) at 6# and the safety a 5# and a LW 3.5 connector, shouldn't the pull be lighter? Thanks for your answers..

JR
09-24-2010, 16:46
If you want a smoother trigger use a 6lb trigger spring. If you like that and want more install a 4lb striker spring.
I have never used a reduced firing pin safety spring. I completely fail to see how that could deliver one iota better performance?