Just saying... G21 awesome [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just saying... G21 awesome

nastytrigger
09-24-2010, 17:03
Had to say it. I love my 1998 G21. I bought it used on a whim in 2007. It was my second .45ACP gun. 1911 was my first .45ACP gun by a couple months. Traded my G37 for the G21. I tried the 1911, but it's more complicated than the G21 (cleaning, gunsmithing, heavy, manual safeties to deal with). Plus, I get more capacity with the G21. Big grip? NO. I think it feels great :supergrin:. I'll never part with three of my guns... Beretta 92FS, Glock 19, and Glock 21.

I carry my G19 90% of the time. My 1911 and G21 take up the other 10%. Also helping me fall in love with my G21 is my Advantage Arms .22LR kit for it. I've put nearly 800rds through my .22LR conversion kit and have become intimate with the Glock trigger. I've only put a little over 500 rounds of .45ACP through the G21 itself. As soon as I get into gear of reloading, I will be concentrating on bulk 9mm and .45ACP ammo :cool:

DustyDawg48
09-24-2010, 19:59
Man, I'm with you. My G21 is my favorite pistol and one of my favorite guns all around. It was my 3rd Glock and 2nd .45, the first being my Springfield Loaded 1911. I use it in IDPA and carry it in cooler weather. Wouldn't get rid of her for love or money!

deeHKman
09-25-2010, 08:55
I have the 21sfrtf2 and i can shoot it as good as any guns i have now and in the past. Iwow i like that .45. It and my G20sf feel great in my hand and the low bore axis makes me like Glocks even more(I once was a basher). Stupid of me to complain or critisize a Glock when i never even held one til i bought my first a G19 gen3 EDC is the best carry gun i have by far.

aimtrue
10-03-2010, 06:58
I too am a fan of the Glock G21.

The first side arm I had was a Colt 1911 issued to me in the Navy in 1950. After leaving the service, I purchased a 1911 and with it began a life-long love and ownership of many finely crafted quality 1911 pistols.

Throughout the years I have owned a number of different makes of pistols and revolvers. However, my affection remained on the 1911 because of its precision mechanical complexity, its visual presence and my ability to accurately put small patterns in paper targets. I always felt safe protecting myself and family by carrying a 1911.

The first Glock I purchased was in the year 2004. It was a G21. Subsequently, I purchased a G30 and G36.

Today, I have disposed of all of my pistols and revolvers except for the G21. It is the easiest to maintain, the most reliable to fire and has allowed me to continue the same level of accuracy as I had with any other handgun in my collection.

The G21 may not have the mystique or looks of the legendary 1911 but for me, it is my semiautomatic of choice.

gunsmoke92
10-03-2010, 18:24
I've got the 21SF, and can't say enough good about this gun. Just got back from shooting a few minutes ago, and at 7 yards all it produces is one big honkin' hole! :supergrin:

TedG
10-04-2010, 12:57

The first side arm I had was a Colt 1911 issued to me in the Navy in 1950. After leaving the service, I purchased a 1911 and with it began a life-long love and ownership of many finely crafted quality 1911 pistols.

Throughout the years I have owned a number of different makes of pistols and revolvers. However, my affection remained on the 1911 because of its precision mechanical complexity, its visual presence and my ability to accurately put small patterns in paper targets. I always felt safe protecting myself and family by carrying a 1911.

The first Glock I purchased was in the year 2004. It was a G21. Subsequently, I purchased a G30 and G36.

Today, I have disposed of all of my pistols and revolvers except for the G21. It is the easiest to maintain, the most reliable to fire and has allowed me to continue the same level of accuracy as I had with any other handgun in my collection.

The G21 may not have the mystique or looks of the legendary 1911 but for me, it is my semiautomatic of choice.

I haven't seen it better explained. :supergrin:

deeHKman
10-04-2010, 14:05
I tell you Aimtru i sincerely appreciate that i really enjoyed that post not just about the G21 but the sincere and creative way you put words in writing...thank you, David

aimtrue
10-05-2010, 14:04
TedG and deeczman, I thank you for your kind comments.

Rusty Guns
10-11-2010, 08:44
I too love my G-21 have had it for years.
I used it to shoot bowling pin competition.
I picked up a Rock Island 1911, and then a Springfield.
I shot pins with the 1911's for a while, and just was not doing as good.
I switched back to my G-21, and started winning again.
:rofl:

alwaysshootin
10-11-2010, 11:38
I really feel for the people who's hands aren't large enough to be comfortable with the grip of the G21. For me, and, most apparrant, others here, the 21 is the perfect firearm. The perfect caliber, to get the job done, great magazine capacity, which outshines most other 45 ACP's, and more than adequate accuracy. Said many times before, end of days, SHTF, or, if you could only have one handgun, I would have my G21!:cool:

Jim S.
10-14-2010, 19:43
King of the Glocks.

Opie 1 Kenopie
10-22-2010, 21:11
Couldn't agree more with all of you! If I somehow knew I was going to get into a tight situation today, there is no other pistol I would rather have on me than my 21. It's the next best thing to having a rifle under my jacket. Big? Yes! But it fills my hands just right and is the MOST inherently accurate out-of-the-box gun I've ever owned. I have shot several high-speed courses with it and the damn G21 did all the work for me! Made me look like the Accuracy King out there! And while all the other "high-speed" operators from many agencies and mil groups ALL had a malfunction of one kind or another, my G21 ran like a dream. No cleaning, no problems.

ckduallie
11-20-2010, 14:00
My first Glock was my G21C and I have shot around 800 rounds through it and I canít get the smile off my face. It is a great gun and a blast to shoot. I am hooked I just got a G27 and there will be more to follow but my G21C will always be my favorite.

SawgrassRaven
11-26-2010, 18:59

Well said!

I also love the mighty G21! Here's mine:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Elypsis44/glockcuffs.jpg

:wavey:

SHG21
11-26-2010, 19:40
I liked my gen 2.5 I bought some 6 years ago so much I bought the newer sf model last month. One of my favorites.

chris in va
11-26-2010, 20:41
My new (used?) 21SF had my name on it.

I was looking for a Glock railed, non ambi version and almost settled on a Picatinny version when my GF suggested I call another gun store. Lo and behold, they had a recent turn-in, complete with 4 mags and night sights. I was in the car 30 seconds later.

While looking it over and pondering the expense, some guy came in and hovered, waiting for me to put it back in the case. Someone else called on the shop phone asking about it's availability.

It came home with me. It was destiny.

Further proof? The stock barrel doesn't lead with my LRN reloads. Bore looks like a mirror after 200 rounds down the pipe.