Microsoft office & opening emails [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft office & opening emails

CBennett
09-25-2010, 08:04
I have a computer thats basically a gaming computer and for internet surfing..I didnt bother to get any fancy spreadsheet or word processing programs on it(though I do have a older version of wordperfect on it)..My problem is I keep getting people for Football and other things trying to send me emails that they did with Microsoft Office...when I get them I cant open them says something foolish like

"this file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action. create a association in the folder options control panel."

im assuming its because it was made and sent by microsoft office through outlook express and i dont have microsoft office that its not working...I tried to use the open office program and that works fine to create stuff but its drawback/downfall is you guessed it the Email part does not work...is there any way short of these dumb trials(that ive downloaded 2X now) to get this to work..is there a program that works for opening MSOffice emails???

prism
09-25-2010, 10:29
you could try forwarding them to a hotmail account.

what email system are you using?

DustyJacket
09-25-2010, 10:47
You are not providing enough details for anyone to help.
Outlook Express has nothing to do with MS Office.

If they send a MS WORD document, then you need something to open those documents.

You can get (free) Open Office from Sun. Used to be called Star Office.

Sgt. Schultz
09-25-2010, 12:45
Microsoft Office is an office suite, a collection of applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint which can include Access and Outlook. Outlook Express (free) like Outlook (not free) is a e-mail program from M$ but the only thing that they have in common is they both contain the word “Outlook” in their names.

As DustyJacket said you have not provided enough details for anyone to help ... it doesn't matter what program someone uses to send an e-mail. What is the extension of the file that you are trying to open?