rumaco
09-26-2010, 08:22
Hornady Critical Defense :wow:

mastrbloata
09-26-2010, 09:40
Pricey? Effective? What?

DocKWL
09-27-2010, 08:16
Maybe he read THIS (http://www.firearmstactical.com/tacticalbriefs/2006/04/main.htm).

mastrbloata
09-27-2010, 09:11
Like this fellow Shawn Dodson, I'll be sticking with the GD's. DocKWL, thanks for the read.

BadAndy
09-27-2010, 10:05
If you use Hornady Critical Defense handgun ammo for home defense you cannot rely on it to perform if you have shoot through concealment, such as the corner of a wall or through sheetrock and 2x4 studs near a door jam, to hit the center mass of a violent home intruder who's partially concealed, if that's what it takes to stop the attack.

How do you know you're shooting at the intruders center mass if he's hiding?

Foxtrotx1
09-27-2010, 10:22
Derailed...

DocKWL
09-27-2010, 11:33
How do you know you're shooting at the intruders center mass if he's hiding?

The first step would be to understand the difference between "partially concealed" and "hiding".

It is a hypothetical scenario. Don't over analyze the story. Focus instead on the underlying matter; is Hornady CD ammunition suitable for self defense?

GunFighter45ACP
09-27-2010, 12:55
I've had zero issues w/this ammo in the 115 gr 9mm flavor. I currently have some in one of my Sig 9mms. It is an accurate round w/low recoil that you can count on to open up/expand & penetrate to an adequate depth for SD (not LEO) use.

Now, if a violent home intruder were to break into your house & you'd rather shoot at the wall then a clean shot at him, then you'd probably want to pick another ammo.

BadAndy
09-27-2010, 13:20
The first step would be to understand the difference between "partially concealed" and "hiding".

It is a hypothetical scenario. Don't over analyze the story. Focus instead on the underlying matter; is Hornady CD ammunition suitable for self defense?

I'd rather see actual reports from police departments/citizens who've actually used the rounds on humans in real self defense situations to determine whether they're good for self defense versus a story written by someone that hasn't used the round for that purpose.

If it stops the attack, whether the attacker lives or dies, then it's suitable for self defense.

mastrbloata
09-27-2010, 18:04
I'd rather see actual reports from police departments/citizens who've actually used the rounds on humans in real self defense situations to determine whether they're good for self defense versus a story written by someone that hasn't used the round for that purpose.

If it stops the attack, whether the attacker lives or dies, then it's suitable for self defense.

This round was initially produced in .380, yes? The objective to give 10" or 11" inches pen in .380 and actually open? Well, it seemingly excels at that task at least.