3 point sling [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3 point sling

fkizdi
09-26-2010, 11:36
Would a 3 point sling be viable if a shotgun was my primary long arm?
Scenario: Offensive/Defensive. In a group some have carbines some others have shotguns and one long range rifle...Just explaining why the shotgun is my primary. I will/would put the time in to learn how to use it.

My question is would the 3 point sling interfere with reloading from my side saddle and operating the pump?

MrMurphy
09-27-2010, 09:06
Yes.

3 point slings suck so hard Elton John wants a blowjob.

They had their time.....20 years ago.

The quick adjust 2 point sling (VTAC and Vickers VCAS) do everything a 3 point does and do not interfere with operation, as well as offer QD capability and quick adjustment which most 3 points do not.

I wore a 3 pt on duty for nearly 2 years 12-16 hours a day running a M4 carbine.....I know 3 pt's. As soon as the option came up i went to a Blue Force Gear Victory model (the budget VCAS) and never looked back.

I would never personally use a shotgun offensively, it's too range limited and ammo is bulky, though it has it's merits for defensive work. If you KNOW you're going into a fight.....get a rifle. Range=life and something with a 30 yard limit unless you have slugs....not my thing.

vafish
09-27-2010, 11:40
3 point sling doesn't do anything a 2 point sling won't do, and the 2 point sling has less to get tangled up in.