Cal. 9mm CCW pistol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cal. 9mm CCW pistol

smoothisfastmanila
09-27-2010, 03:25
I’ve been planning to get a compact CZ pistol say…the 75 D Compact or the 75 D Compact PCR in cal. 9mm for CCW. I have no questions with regards to accuracy. I very well know that it shoots apprx. 3 inch shot groups at 25yrds using decent ammo. However would any of you want to share your thoughts on the following points:

a. corrosion resistance against rain
b. corrosion resistance against the Philippine jungle (lots of waist high creeks and rivers to ford and is very humid)
c. corrosion against sea water
d. which parts are susceptible to breakage (like the roll pin I keep on hearing) and after how many rounds fired.

I know that the easy answer to this would be a plain Glock 19 or HS-9 service pistol (installing a match grade barrel would be a plus of course). Then again I’d just like to hear your thoughts on the matter if any are interested.

Every time I take a look on a compact CZ I find it to be a classic sexy gun.

Thanks.

________

You are in the business because you are breathing. - Louis Armstrong

Allegra
09-27-2010, 05:51
my cz85 parati nahihiram sa comps, i remember someone who's sweat was so acidic when he returned the gun after 3 days kulay orange na sya

rain and river water siguro just dunk it in diesel fuel after

seawater can eat stainless steel so sigurado yari si cz sa tubig alat
Baril naman basta lagi mong hinahaplos, di kinakalawang

The cz's i've seen naging problem rollpin, firing pin, slide stop but all of which are easy to repair ng gunsmith

TTPower
09-27-2010, 08:44
i think this forum can help answer most of ur questions about cz
http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php