Anyone had Talon grips for awhile now? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had Talon grips for awhile now?

DD26
09-27-2010, 18:19
Seen a lot of people recommending the Talon grips, but the pics are usually of squeaky clean looking grips that obviously haven't seen much use yet.

Anyone have more trigger time with Talon grips installed? Or at least had them installed for a longer period of time?

I'm just wondering how well they hold up over time. I know it's only a $10 investment, but I don't want to waste my time/money on them if they start slipping around the grip after a short period of time.

motorcopm4
09-27-2010, 18:21
Had them on my duty weapon for several months, still look like new. No movement

VAisForGlockers
09-27-2010, 18:36
Have a set coming and will put through the ringer. I can update as time passes

Vince49
09-27-2010, 18:44
Since April 17th, of this year,so six months. Also according to the little log I keep I have put a little over 2200 rounds downrange with the grips on. It has also been left under the seat in the car on more than a dozen 100+ degree days this summer and has not moved and does not look much different than the day I put it on. I also carry it every day in the front pocket of my jeans in a #4 Uncle Mike's holster so it does get a lot of rubbing. I will try to post a picture here of my G27 with the six month old grips and my wife's new G26 with the Talon grips freshly installed. I think the G27 grips do show some small amount of wear. This is the only pic. I have with the G26 & G27 in the same frame(excuse the Gen.4 G22). If you click on the pic and zoom in I think you can see the wear on the 27 (it's on the right) Anyway,we love them! :supergrin:http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad104/TheVince49/G26025.jpg

kda
09-27-2010, 18:55
I've had Talon Grips on my G26 for over 5,000 rounds now. Yes, they do wear down some. But what surprised me is that they still work great in providing a better grip. Not the "fly paper" grip they had when they were new, but still zero loss in functionality. Of course on my carry weapon (also a G26) and those Glocks I leave around the house ... no change as I don't shoot them much. So in my worse case scenario, I may need to refresh the Talon Grip on the gun I shoot twice a week only every couple of years or so.

Based on my experiences you can quit worrying about them and just try a pair. No one who has shot my G26 with the Talon Grips didn't also want to know who made the grips were and how they could get some for their weapons.

And I don't know anyone who installed them according to directions who has ever had a complaint.

M249SAW
09-27-2010, 19:12
Many thousand rounds and multiple tactical pistols classes later and they still work great on my 34.

Dlockster
09-27-2010, 19:18
I love mine....So does my G26 EDC.

Dlockster
09-27-2010, 19:21
I know it's only a $10 investment, but I don't want to waste my time/money on them if they start slipping around the grip after a short period of time.

I fergot to add... The Talon grips are a good SD investment and fer sure not a waste of money. Your'll enjoy you time at the range using them.

Stay Sharp!

GoBigOrange
09-27-2010, 19:22
I've had mine for months now with hundreds of rounds down range with no problem. I recently sanded them down and I actually think they feel better now than they did previously.

DD26
09-27-2010, 20:08
Perfect. Thanks for the info, fellas.

Sounds like the Talon grips are good to go!

dakewlndn
09-27-2010, 21:26
Had mine on my G30 for about 8 months and they are still great, my ccw so it does get alot of use and carry.
Just put a fresh one on my newly aquired G19.
Best Bang for the Buck IMO
U wont be disappointed.

One small issue is when they are brand new, they are a bit too much for a month or so but after some use they settle in.

cowboy1964
09-27-2010, 22:02
About 10-11 months now. Still stick great. They are getting a bit gray and worn but still work fine.

in_this_city
09-27-2010, 22:16
Ive had Talons on my G17 for months and no wear at all. Just a little dirty.

ZeroGElite
09-27-2010, 22:24
had mine on my 21 for almost 9 months with little to no wear just a little dirty, but easy to clean with some gun cleaner and stiff bristle brush

just got a 23 and will deff be buying some for it

DasBulk
09-28-2010, 04:25
I had a set on my carry 19 for a few months. Carrying with no under shirt wasn't a problem for my skin. But it was for the grip. The side that laid against my skin became filled with, well, dead skin. I got tired of cleaning it. I tried blasting it out with canned air which worked best but it still looked kinda nasty.

keystoneman85
09-28-2010, 06:06
I took mine off after about a month. I had them on a Glock 26 which I carry IWB and since I don't wear a under shirt it made for an uncomfortable setup, not to mention all I wear is Under Armour shirts and the grips caught on the shirt worse then other fabrics.

For me and the way I carry they were more of a problem then a benefit. Now on a gun I would carry OWB or if I changed the way I dressed I would say they are a sound investment.