Night Sight Options for G30 Mep vs Glock Factory [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Night Sight Options for G30 Mep vs Glock Factory

jhands
09-27-2010, 20:52
I have narrowed my options down to the meprolights and the Glock Factory sights (which can be installed by glock for 57 bucks plus tax). I have heard that glock uses meprolight tubes in their sights. I guess my question really is...to you guys that have contrasting front and rear night sights, is it really worth the extra money to get orange/grn or yellow grn?

Also, if you have any other recommendations as to what to put on this gun, feel free to recommend away, as I will always check on what yall say...and I will probably go back and forth on this purchase a few times anyways!

James

spectre04
09-27-2010, 22:41
I had green/green and green/yellow meps on one 17 and glock "OEM" on another: I prefer the glock factory sights for three reasons: 1) they allow more light on either side of the front post when aligned. 2) the tritium tube was noticeably larger in diameter on my set of meps. 3) cost. Their performance, IMHO, is at least equal to the meps for $30 less.
You can't go wrong either way, but the above reasons steer me in an obvious direction.

ju993rnaut
09-28-2010, 01:44
Glockmeister has meps on sale for $72 and ameriglo TFOs for $75. Just a little fyi.

jhands
09-28-2010, 07:11
I have had tfo style sights before they were so so but those were truglo... What's the good word on ameriglos?

jhands
09-28-2010, 07:28
I have had tfo style sights before they were so so but those were truglo... What's the good word on ameriglos?

Edit just checked site. Those tfo sights are truglo. Haven't have good experiences with them.

Has anyone had any experience with the orange or yellow rears? I'd be curious to know if it makes a difference in sight acquisition or not.

James Dean
09-28-2010, 08:01
I have Glock Factory night sights on my G22 RTF2. Very nice.

Sonnytoo
09-28-2010, 10:20
I like to have lots of light on either side of the front sight. I like a thinner front sight rather than a fat one. I like tritium for the front sight only.
Many times, however, the tritium tube means that the front sight is wider than I would prefer.
Sonnytoo

Ogie
09-28-2010, 23:00
I have a Glock factory night sight in the front, no rear night sight. I like my setup.

striker6126
09-28-2010, 23:08
I would go with the glock night sights. I have a couple of the meps with orange rears , and they take some getting used to.

jhands
09-29-2010, 08:46
Are they distracting or something?

Foxtrotx1
09-29-2010, 08:52
http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets

Pro operators are wonderful. They feature a wider cut rear for faster front sigh aquisition. both my Glocks wear green, yellows. use the code GSSF for a 25 percent discount.