Corbon 9mm DPX [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Corbon 9mm DPX

1SGMP
09-29-2010, 05:11
Hi
I just ordered 100 rounds of the Corbon 115grain +P DPX from ATG. Does anyone have expierence with this round? accuracy? ballistics? Anything at all would be helpful. Does any police depts currently issue this round?
Thanks
1SG
Out

Little Joe
09-29-2010, 10:34
Hi
I just ordered 100 rounds of the Corbon 115grain +P DPX from ATG. Does anyone have expierence with this round? accuracy? ballistics? Anything at all would be helpful. Does any police depts currently issue this round?
Thanks
1SG
Out

Read this http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Corbon%209mm%20115.htm

In addition, next time you can save yourself about $55 by buying this. It uses the exact same bullet. Same load different company.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=black+hills+9mm+%2Bp&x=0&y=0

Little Joe
09-29-2010, 11:06
I've found that the Winchester 124 gr Nato fmj round mimics the recoil characteristics of the Corbon 9mm DPX round very closely. You can then practice for about 25 cents a round and get the same feel.

LJ

1SGMP
09-29-2010, 12:01
Little Joe
Thnaks for the info on Black Hills ammo. I will be sure to buy some and test it out

thanks again

1SG

Little Joe
09-29-2010, 15:15
You're welcome, friend. Glad to help.

glocknbruce
09-29-2010, 15:50
I just received my Black Hills Ammunition 9mm 115 grain +P/ Barnes TAC-XP from ammunition to go......

shot some yesterday, amazing accuracy, controllable recoil and it is now my new carry load.....

and cheaper than Cor Bon using the same bullet :)

edit: meant to add i shot it out of my carry gun, Glock 26

Little Joe
09-29-2010, 16:35
I just received my Black Hills Ammunition 9mm 115 grain +P/ Barnes TAC-XP from ammunition to go......

shot some yesterday, amazing accuracy, controllable recoil and it is now my new carry load.....

and cheaper than Cor Bon using the same bullet :)

edit: meant to add i shot it out of my carry gun, Glock 26

I like it, too. :cool: As I said in the Hot Target Ammo thread, the Win Q4318 mimics the recoil very close. It's a nice cheap alternative for practice. SGAmmo has it on sale.

LJ

cowboy1964
09-29-2010, 19:23
Almost double the price of Gold Dots, HSTs, Rangers.

BWT
09-29-2010, 20:01
I've been shooting/carrying Corbon in my off duty handguns for 21 years and I've never had a problem. Over the last several years I've used it for a couple rifle rounds huntings whitetail and critters and have been very pleased with the outcome. You can get the same bullet for cheaper as mentioned above, but for me and me only, I don't mind paying a little extra for the peace of mind I have with Corbon. I might add that Corbon also is a big supporter of our troops and gives those individuals a very decent discount in personal purchases!