Weatherby's New tactical shotgun... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Weatherby's New tactical shotgun...

Thunderbolt56
09-29-2010, 12:03
Does anyone have any first hand experience to lay on me?

Victoriagotagun
09-29-2010, 18:59
I shot one last weekend and it was a decent shotgun. Made in Turkey and I believe used to be imported by Charles Daly.

Devin459
10-01-2010, 18:51
I have had mine since about late January this year. Not a bad shotgun. My biggest complaint is the ejection(single ejector btw). If you pull the slide back too slow sometimes the shell will hang halfway out of the ejection port and you have to tip the gun to get the shell to fall out. The gun is very light, around 7 1/2 lbs, which I like, but also understand the felt recoil on this gun is much more than most other tactical 12 gauges in my experience, although the recoil pad it comes with is very soft and somewhat sticky. One of my favorite parts about this shotgun are the 2 picatinny rails it comes with. One on the top of the receiver and the other being on the fore arm. Also comes with LPA Ghost ring sights with the front sight being a fibre optic rod. Very nice IMO as I have no problem hitting a 6 inch gong at 55 yards with both 2 3/4 and 3 inch slugs, but I can also hit clay pigeons almost as well as with bead sights. I also love the placement of the safety as well as the slide lock release. I picked this gun up because nobody I knew had it. Turns out since this is Weatherby's first tactical shotgun, there are almost no aftermarket accessories specific to it, although most of the accessories I would want mount on the rails, I would still like to have a mag extension. Another aspect I love about this gun and I can't say enough about, is field stripping it. It is by far the easiest and fastest pump shotgun I have taken down before. minimal amount of parts and effort and you don't need a punch unless you decide to take out the trigger group. You don't need to go through half the crap you do to take down a mossy or remington. I can easily field strip in less than a minute(minus the trigger group). Haven't had a single malfunction yet after about 1000 shells(many of them slugs). IMHO it's a good (but not great) solid shotgun that not many people have which gives it a cool factor. Keep in mind this shotgun is only imported from Turkey and is not actually manufactured by Weatherby.