new Ameriglos i-dots on the way [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : new Ameriglos i-dots on the way

silverbear
09-29-2010, 19:35
Just ordered the new Ameriglo i-dots with the "Hack" orange outlined front sight - the GL-201. Thanks to all who have posted their comments about Ameriglo here, that was a big part of my decision to go with Ameriglo.

I loved the "Hack" front sight when I first saw it a few months back, but really wanted to go with a two dot system. In communicating with Rick, he mentioned that the Hack i-dot combo was soon coming. He let me know the GL-201s were on the online store today and I ordered them as soon as I got home from a day trip. The GSSF discount is a nice bonus.

DannyR
09-29-2010, 19:37
I think you will be very happy with them. I might order a set myself.:cool:

3rdgen40
09-29-2010, 19:40
Ameriglo rocks.I am very pleased with my Operators on my 19.

silverbear
09-29-2010, 19:48
I think you will be very happy with them. I might order a set myself.:cool:

My thanks to you Danny - you were the reference to the comments on Ameriglo. :supergrin:

loneeagle
11-18-2010, 18:50
Just ordered the new Ameriglo i-dots with the "Hack" orange outlined front sight - the GL-201. Thanks to all who have posted their comments about Ameriglo here, that was a big part of my decision to go with Ameriglo.

I loved the "Hack" front sight when I first saw it a few months back, but really wanted to go with a two dot system. In communicating with Rick, he mentioned that the Hack i-dot combo was soon coming. He let me know the GL-201s were on the online store today and I ordered them as soon as I got home from a day trip. The GSSF discount is a nice bonus.

i got an email and they said jan 2011 they would available.

bowzette
11-18-2010, 18:58
I have the I-Dot with ProGlow orange front:supergrin:

loneeagle
11-18-2010, 19:20
I have the I-Dot with ProGlow orange front:supergrin:

Did you order it as a set or the front and rear seprate? I emailed and ask them if they had them as a set and that was the reply I got will be out jan 2011.

silverbear
11-19-2010, 18:23
I emailed Rick and asked about this combo this summer. He said they were coming in a 6 - 8 weeks so checked back and they were in stock but with yellow glow rear. The green rear posted on the website the next day and I quickly ordered. Hopefully the short run proved successful and they will make these more available.

Finally getting around to get them installed this weekend at the gunshow by TR Graham. Plus a barrel lock for my 26. :-)

loneeagle
11-19-2010, 19:19
I emailed Rick and asked about this combo this summer. He said they were coming in a 6 - 8 weeks so checked back and they were in stock but with yellow glow rear. The green rear posted on the website the next day and I quickly ordered. Hopefully the short run proved successful and they will make these more available.

Finally getting around to get them installed this weekend at the gunshow by TR Graham. Plus a barrel lock for my 26. :-)

yes I got an email from him tonight he said about 2 weeks for the i dot rear and pro glo orange for the glock 20 so I can wait for that for sure!

like the set up of my hacks now wanna try with the i-dot rear!

bowzette
11-19-2010, 20:05
Did you order it as a set or the front and rear seprate? I emailed and ask them if they had them as a set and that was the reply I got will be out jan 2011.
a set model 202 I think

BOGE
11-19-2010, 23:15
I ordered the normal I Dots recently as the Pro was not available. The man there said the Pro front sight is painted & not luminescent so I went with the regular as it's for a CCW G19.

silverbear
11-21-2010, 19:52
yes I got an email from him tonight he said about 2 weeks for the i dot rear and pro glo orange for the glock 20 so I can wait for that for sure!

like the set up of my hacks now wanna try with the i-dot rear!

You will be happy. Got the idots with installed as was hoping for this weekend and ran a hundred rounds through them. The sights worked extremely well for me and I shot extremely well. I really love the hi-viz orange. My ccw G19 in now complete.

gdawg09
01-19-2011, 15:42
DannyR has been a great reference for me as well and based on these comments, I ordered the GL-202 set and installed them on my G19 EDC. Now my question is: I own a G34, G17 and an AA 17-22 conversion unit and am wondering if I should put a set of the same sights on all, so I'm always having to adjust to whatever sights they may have at the time or do different sights have different purposes? Thanks

ennis
01-31-2011, 13:34
This is not a thread hijack (at least I hope it isn't)

Sights, holsters, springs, argh!!! We love Glocks and think they are perfection. Then I start trying to tweak mine into greater perfection??? I use my one Glock for defensive carry. I went through 7 holsters before I got two that worked for the way I want to carry. Then it came to sights...My 2005 G27, came with factory night sights. They are okay, but just. I went into the giant internet gun store in the sky and realized I will be spending even hundreds more before I can actually try all the various combos of night sights, that might work for me. Threads like this one actually help a lot. I am ready to drop the hammer on an Ameriglo GL-212-OR-C Hackathorn front sight https://www.ameriglo.net/sites/default/files/GL212ORC%20copy_0.jpg

and thought that I'd like a rear sight with a tritium post in the center, not a circle. All that I saw on the Ameriglo web site was the GL-101Rhttps://www.ameriglo.net/sites/default/files/GL101R2%20copy.jpg

which is a single green tritium circle. Not bad, but not what I envisioned. So now comes my questions. Does anyone make a rear sight with a single, tritium center post, that would pair correctly with the Ameriglo GL-212-OR-C?

loneeagle
01-31-2011, 14:07
look here
http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

look at the GL-201 green/green or

look at the GL-202 green/yellow

this might help out they fit the G27

ennis
02-01-2011, 20:53
Thanks, the GL-201 is on the way!Why they ship UPS is a mystery. A 3oz package taking 10 days :-( for double the cost of priority mail.
Still, they are nice folks to deal with. I'm impatient to get my hands on these.

GRT45
02-01-2011, 21:59
Thanks, the GL-201 is on the way!Why they ship UPS is a mystery. A 3oz package taking 10 days :-( for double the cost of priority mail.
Still, they are nice folks to deal with. I'm impatient to get my hands on these.

The Ameriglo I-Dot Pro is a great choice for night sights and very popular with many Glock owners. I prefer the green/yellow I-Dot Pro, but you can't go wrong with either version.

I hope you entered the GLOCKTALK promo code when ordering to get your 20% discount. Ameriglo's support for the Glock Talk community is much appreciated!

texas 48
02-01-2011, 22:30
Ameriglo told me it was because the tritium was radioactive and USPS would not take them for security reasons. They would set off sensors, which is BS. Installed my green/ yellow I dots yesterday found the rear yellow dot not as bright as my heinies but for 40.00 less than the heine they are good sights for a backup. If I had to do over would get the gr/gr. one good feature is the ledge type rear that you could rack the slide with one hand.

ennis
02-01-2011, 22:50
one good feature is the ledge type rear that you could rack the slide with one hand.
Please explain.

I'm hoping that my green, rear sight will be okay. Yours is the first post I've read saying Ameriglo was not bright. Maybe you got a defective one. Or do you think it's the yellow tritium not being bright as the green?

texas 48
02-01-2011, 23:14
Please explain.

I'm hoping that my green, rear sight will be okay. Yours is the first post I've read saying Ameriglo was not bright. Maybe you got a defective one. Or do you think it's the yellow tritium not being bright as the green?

I think its the yellow. Ameriglos are not as bright as my heinies but the front green sight is bright enough. Don't believe they are defective. The front of the rear sight is squared off so in a pinch you could place the front of the rear sight on the edge of a table or other suitable surface and rack the slide using the front of the rear sight against the ledge andpush down thus racing the slide in case you could not use your off hand

GRT45
02-02-2011, 08:07
Please explain.

The yellow tritium is definitely not as bright as the green and that's a characteristic I prefer. Under conditions of near total darkness and heightened anxiety, I feel the brighter green sight focuses my attention on the front sight and can't be confused with the rear sight as it might if both were green dots of equal brightness. It's just a personal preference of mine.

ennis
02-09-2011, 10:36
My set arrived yesterday. The rear green Tritium, in the rear sight, might as well not be there. The front is nice and bright, but the rear green dot is almost invisible to my eyes, in total darkness. I would rather keep my original rear sight. :brickwall:

loneeagle
02-09-2011, 12:44
I have a set of Pro Hacks on my 20sf and so far I like them I was thinking of the I-dot Pros or another set of the Pro hacks for my glock 20?

still trying to make up my mind! if I get the i-dots it will be the yellow rear and the pro front! I am thinking these may be better at night, the front sight on the hacks is bright green at night but with the black rear I find myself having a hard time picking up the front so I was thinking I-dot with yellow to help line up the sights better at night!

ennis
02-09-2011, 12:56
I have a set of Pro Hacks on my 20sf and so far I like them I was thinking of the I-dot Pros or another set of the Pro hacks for my glock 20?

still trying to make up my mind! if I get the i-dots it will be the yellow rear and the pro front! I am thinking these may be better at night, the front sight on the hacks is bright green at night but with the black rear I find myself having a hard time picking up the front so I was thinking I-dot with yellow to help line up the sights better at night!

Besides my previous post another i-dot buyer here mentions how dim the single yellow tritium dot is. To my eyes the rear dot is almost non-existent. They might as well not be there. The picture on the Ameriglo web site is really misleading. It makes the green dot look both, large and bright. On mine they are NEITHER.https://www.ameriglo.net/sites/default/files/GL101R2%20copy.jpg

smoke
02-09-2011, 13:50
Didn't they have a front with green tritium dot in the middle of an orange square? Something similar to the one pictured in the center captioned Front Sights.

smoke
02-09-2011, 13:52
Ameriglo told me it was because the tritium was radioactive and USPS would not take them for security reasons. They would set off sensors, which is BS. Installed my green/ yellow I dots yesterday found the rear yellow dot not as bright as my heinies but for 40.00 less than the heine they are good sights for a backup. If I had to do over would get the gr/gr. one good feature is the ledge type rear that you could rack the slide with one hand.

Well, I guess that's a deal killer!

ennis
02-09-2011, 13:58
Yup, a deal killer for me as well. The Hackathorn front sight (green dot with orange circle around it) looked good. The tritium was sharp and bright. The rear sight was the issue. Even the stock Glock, non-night sights would work like these, and cost next to nothing.

Cheytac
02-09-2011, 14:03
I shot with my new 103s (green/yellow) last week and love them. Now I need 3 more sets... :faint:

Knighj1
02-10-2011, 09:18
post real pics please, to thouse that have them so we can see sights lined up

Flipz
02-10-2011, 10:08
I have a couple sets of Ameriglos and have been very impressed with their products. I look to them first when I aquire a new gun to get new sights.

I recently got a G21SF and Ive been having a hard time trying to decide between:

I-Dot Pro's Green/Yellow
or
Orange Proglo front sight with a Pro Operator Rear Sight (yellow tritium).

Its basically a 2-dot vs. 3-dot decision. The G21SF would be used for both range and HD. Even at the range it would be used for more of a combat style of shooting rather then bullseye. For bullseye shooting I would just be using my G34.

SO any advice you guys could throw my way would be appreciated.

Thanks!

thundercates
02-10-2011, 22:48
Do the i-dot pros shoot POA or 6 o'clock? Want to mount a set on the new 34 I got, but I can't do the 6 o'clock hold thing.

voyager4520
02-15-2011, 01:53
I am ready to drop the hammer on an Ameriglo GL-212-OR-C Hackathorn front sight ..... and thought that I'd like a rear sight with a tritium post in the center, not a circle. All that I saw on the Ameriglo web site was the GL-101R which is a single green tritium circle. Not bad, but not what I envisioned.

Read the warning next to GL-101R's listing on the Ameriglo site, GL-101R: "All Glocks (taller front sight required)". You'd have to use GL-212-220-OR in conjunction with GL-101R, that's the exact sight set-up on the Talo EXO G19's and G17's.

You can use GL-212-OR with standard height 6.5mm(.256in) rear sights, just keep in mind that Ameriglo's I-Dot line is taller than normal.