Shotgun Slings...Recommendations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Slings...Recommendations

Zebulon
09-29-2010, 21:32
I have a few 870's with barrels 20 and 18". I'm just an old guy who likes 870's . I have a pair of 870P's and a Marine Magnum. I'm looking for alternatives for a sling other than the nylon thing the guns come with. Do any of you have suggestions...Leather or Nylon or wood or dough that seems to work for you? I'm not a Tactical Operator type...just looking for something COOL...Thanks all....Zebulon

aippi
09-29-2010, 22:59
Go to www.rockymountaintactical.net (http://www.rockymountaintactical.net) and check all the slings there. You won't find a better deal for quality slings.

Mofeen
09-30-2010, 16:00
Agreed. JD referred me there as well and couldn't be happier with my two-point.

Zebulon
09-30-2010, 17:02
Thank you Gents....Off I go. Are there any leather slings that make sense?

aippi
09-30-2010, 17:48
Depends on your need and your wallet. I envey the Officers out there today with the balistic nylon duty belts and holsters that don't have to wear the leather we did. I feel the same about slings on the rare occasion I even use one.

ET.
10-10-2010, 18:50
I bought a leather military style sling at Bass Pro & like it a lot.

dc2integra
10-10-2010, 20:29
blackhawk makes some good one point slings.

MrMurphy
10-11-2010, 00:08
One point slings and shotguns except for breaching tend to be a mistake.

If you want a custom leather sling....... www.shottist.com

Andy Langlois. He's a friend, and a cop, he won't make you a piece of crap.

WoodenPlank
10-11-2010, 17:21
One point slings and shotguns except for breaching tend to be a mistake.

If you want a custom leather sling....... www.shottist.com

Andy Langlois. He's a friend, and a cop, he won't make you a piece of crap.

Seems to me a single point on a full stocked shotgun wouldnt be terribly comfortable or easy to use. On a PGO breaching gun, though, I can see it. I had a single point QD sling on my 590 when it was using the Knoxx PGO breachers grip.

Bullman
10-11-2010, 18:50
I went with Rocky Mountain Tactical, I forget which model I got but it could be set up as a one point, or a 2 point quick adjust. I used to like single points, until I found out what a hassle receiver endplates could be when trying to shoot off hand barricade. Mine is set up in two point and that is probably how it is going to stay.

jp 19
10-11-2010, 22:09
i have a plain vanilla 870 express wood stock (no sling stud)with a wilson extension tube that has the sling plate on the left side... where could i mount the rear sling mount? i was thinking the left (weak) side of the stock about half way up towards the recoil pad ... is there something i have over looked as to why this would not be a good idea?

any other suggestions of where to mount it?

aippi??.... mr murphy??

Thank you

Victoriagotagun
10-11-2010, 23:22
i have a plain vanilla 870 express wood stock (no sling stud)with a wilson extension tube that has the sling plate on the left side... where could i mount the rear sling mount? i was thinking the left (weak) side of the stock about half way up towards the recoil pad ... is there something i have over looked as to why this would not be a good idea?

any other suggestions of where to mount it?

aippi??.... mr murphy??

Thank you

You can always use a buttstock adapter. Blue force gear and Gear Sector make a good one.

Bullman
10-12-2010, 03:37
put a loop in the end so it wraps around the wrist of the stock. or.. get a swivel stud and mount it where ever you want, it is wood, they will screw into wood pretty easy, just drill a pilot hold where you want it and screw it in.

MrMurphy
10-12-2010, 08:28
Buttstock adapater or maybe a receiver plate, but you should be able to use the buttstock adapter easier.

jp 19
10-12-2010, 08:43
i am sorry i may not have been clear. i have a sling mount swivel that i will add to the wood stock. i am just wondering about the location. i would like to mount it on the same plane as the sling plate of my wilson extension. which would mean the side of the stock not the bottom. i am just wondering if mounting it there would result in problems i may not have considered.

i do not really like the buttstock adapters.

Thank you

Bullman
10-12-2010, 17:43
Well, I would say putting it on the side could cause you problems in several areas. if placed around the grip, one side or the other could cause you to not be able to place your hand in the proper place, if you are shooing a barricade position with either hand (opposite from strong side). further back on the stock could get in your face during the same situation. For some that may not be a big deal, but it was something that I encountered every time I went to requals, so it doesn't work for me.

xfaktur
11-17-2010, 18:56
Best sling that doesn't take swivels?

I have a 870 express - not tactical. Looking for a 'traditional' sling.

Thanks.

MrMurphy
11-18-2010, 00:15
Uncle Mike's.....cheap, but also requires swivels, as most slings will unless you have a hard-mounted sling attachment point to loop through.

K Williams
11-28-2010, 16:11
I have a The Wilderness Giles sling on my 590A1. Easy to install and adjust...