Compact TimberWolf [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Compact TimberWolf

RottnJP
09-29-2010, 23:16
Hey, I hear there's this super-cool custom frame being put out by some company called "Lonewolf" or something like that... Problem is, is only made in a full size form factor right now.

Any idea when they'll get off their duffs (:rofl:) and make the mid-size variant? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks!! :wavey:

JR
10-01-2010, 15:43
The regular production TimberWolf frame for full size Glock pistols chambered in 9/40/357/45 GAP will be available this month. Once we have that version put to be we will finish development of the compact frame. Yes it will be designed around the G19/23 series pistols. I would imagine it will be available by Summer of '11 for sure.

RottnJP
10-01-2010, 23:51
I've got high hopes for it, now that you've worked out the kinks on the full size. Are you anticipating "staying the course" on the "3rd gen+" style, or would you anticipate trying to make it compatible with the 4th gen? I can see advantages to either approach... Fact is that anyone doing custom builds like this is probably just fine using a slightly heavier spring for their .40's, for example, and may not care about the 4th gen compatibility. OTH, a certain segment of the population might care about 4th gen compatibility a lot... I dunno. What's you're thought?

JR
10-03-2010, 20:51
The Gen3 design is the best frame produced over the last 25+ years. We are sticking with it for sure.
The Gen4 is the new kid on the block. The only thing it has over the TimberWolf frame is a dual recoil spring ....... and BTW, we have been selling dual recoil springs for Gen1/2/3 for the last 20 years.