What brand NS for my G30 and G21? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What brand NS for my G30 and G21?

kshutt
09-29-2010, 23:22
Guys, I've had green/green Meps on my G30 and G21 for a long time. They're finally getting dim and to the point I'd like to replace them. Right now I'm stumped, though. Green/green has always been bright and easy for me to pick up, but from the looks of this forum yellow/green seems to be the choice. Why?

I have green/green Trijicons on my Sig P220. They aren't as bright as the Meps when new, and the ampules are smaller. I still like them, however. Now, after visiting this forum I see Ameriglo sights, and apparently the latest rage is yellow/green Pro Operators. Awesome. I'm thoroughly confused as to what to get now. Give me your best shot at choosing my new sights and WHY! Thanks a bunch! :wavey:

kcramer
09-29-2010, 23:34
If it were me I'd stick with green/green just because that's what you have always used. But whatever you decide to go with, let me know because I'd like to buy your old sights when you take them off. Both sets if you change them both.

DannyR
09-30-2010, 05:07
Green/green from www.ameriglo.com

kshutt
09-30-2010, 05:11
Green/green from www.ameriglo.com

Danny, are you on the yellow/green bandwagon, too? :supergrin: You sayin' green/green because I'm used to them or what?

RayB
10-08-2010, 00:59
First, congrats on owning two of the finest .45 ACP combat handguns in the world! :thumbsup:

You won't go wrong with any of the major brands, but if it were me, I'd decide if I wanted three white sight markers or just one white marker on the front sight. From there, I'd go with AmeriGlos with a green front and yellow rear sight lamps.

In your case, I might put a three white marker set on my G21 and the Operator sights (front marker only) on my G30 carry gun. Or, I may just go with the Operators on both guns, as I really like those sights.

I like the all green set up lamp-wise, well enough, but do consider the green/yellow configuration to be an improvement.

But that's me.

--Ray

Flipz
10-08-2010, 20:40
Ameriglo Pro Operators green front yellow rear. Love mine!

DannyR
10-09-2010, 06:13
I only use green/green.:cool: