PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this means

annielulu
09-30-2010, 14:28
When my computer restarts I get the following display box:

RUNDLL
Error loading C:\Windows\itifecuj.dll
The specified module could not be found

How can I fix this. What does it mean. My computer seems to be working ok.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Slug71
09-30-2010, 14:36
Its trying to start a process at boot which is not working. Since google returns no results with 'itifecuj.dll', id be a little concerned. Did you install/uninstall anything recently? You may also want to run a virus scan.

annielulu
09-30-2010, 14:50
I ran an AVG scan in addition to Spybot, Adaware, Malwarebytes, etc., anything I could think of.

Still keeps coming up.

solomansousana
09-30-2010, 16:48
Can't find anything anywhere regarding that specific .dll, might you have removed some sort of software program recently that deleted that without doing a complete job.

annielulu
09-30-2010, 17:09
So, is it safe to say that my system is OK.

How can I get rid of the pop up on restart?

Thanks

Sgt. Schultz
09-30-2010, 20:43
might you have removed some sort of software program recently that deleted that without doing a complete job. ^^^ How 'bout answering this question.

So, is it safe to say that my system is OK. Another question that can't be answered until the file is identified.

itifecuj.dll Are you sure this is the file name?

annielulu
09-30-2010, 21:05
I don't think I deleted anything recently that I remember, and yes, that is the name of the file that comes up in the window.

I Googled the file name, but nothing came up.

Slug71
09-30-2010, 21:09
Did you uninstall anything?
Are you running XP?

annielulu
09-30-2010, 21:15
I'm running XP. I don't recall uninstalling anything around the time I started getting the window message.

UtahIrishman
09-30-2010, 21:37
Malwarebytes can be downloaded with a random name generated. This it to protect it from certain malware that knows to look for Malarebytes. It could be a remnant from that but I doubt it.

If this were the case I think you would know. It's not something you do randomly.

I would run a complete virus scan. It can sometimes take a bit of detective work and inference to judge whether it's a recent remnant of a removed/deleted program.

If all else fails shoot it :tongueout:

srhoades
09-30-2010, 22:23
Orphaned registry key from old Malware. Open up regedit and navigate to

HKEY local_machine > software > microsoft > windows > current_version > run and delete they key. If it is not there look in
HKEY current_user > software > microsoft > windows > current versions > run

solomansousana
10-01-2010, 06:03

HKEY local_machine > software > microsoft > windows > current_version > run and delete they key. If it is not there look in

This, or maybe it's time to reinstall your OS? Or use a restore point to a time prior to the issue.

Slug71
10-01-2010, 07:29

This.

Is your Windows updates all up to date? You have Service Pack3 installed?