Recoil, Knox Stock vs. Semi-Auto [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recoil, Knox Stock vs. Semi-Auto

robinsok
09-30-2010, 20:21
I am looking into buying/building a HD shotgun. This will live in the bedroom and i would like my wife to be comfortable with using it. My wife is recoil sensitive so i'd like to have something as low recoil as possible.

Can anyone tell me how the recoil of a 1100 Tactical-2 or something similar compares to an 870 with a knox recoil reducing stock?

I appreciate the info.

aippi
10-01-2010, 00:49
I recomend the 870 20ga tactical with Knoxx SpecOps. The stock not only deals with recoil but reduces muzzel flip so you get back on target faster.

Go to www.blackhawk.com (http://www.blackhawk.com) and click on stocks, then SpecOps and find the video they have. You will see a guy with an 870 with SpecOps shooting against a guy with a semi-auto. The guy with the 870 finish first and then stands there and waits for the guy with the semi-auto to finish. Watch both weapons as the guys are shooting.

robinsok
10-01-2010, 15:34
I'm really not looking to move down to a 20. I'm curious how the recoil compares between the 12 guage pump with knox recoil reducing stock and the 12 guage semi auto.

aippi
10-01-2010, 18:42
Is she ready for a 20ga? You asked for something as low recoil as possible. A perp laying on the floor of your home with a load of number 3 buck in the chest from a 20ga is just as shotgun dead as one with a load of 00 from a 12ga.

The SpecOps does what it is designed to do and I find less recoil with one then from the recoil of my 11-87P. So, yes it would work fine on the 12ga also and you have to determine which one she is going to most proficient with.

If you have the money the stock to go with is the Mesa Tactical with Endine buffer as the transition of the weapon through the recoil is better then the SpecOps. You can see those at www.mesatactical.com (http://www.mesatactical.com) and you can see then on 870's on www.aiptactical.com (http://www.aiptactical.com) and will also see the SpecOps.

byf43
10-03-2010, 09:08
As for recoil between the 870 w/SpecOps stock vs. Remington 1100 -

Using the same load, to me, they are comparable.
HOWEVER! The general consensus is that the 870 is going to be less finicky towards what is shoved into the magazine, then cycled and fired, than the 1100.

I own several 870s. Uh, 7 of them, IF my memory serves me.
I also own 2 1100s and 1 11-87.

Which one will get picked up, if things go 'bump' in the night???
My beloved 1980 model 870 Wingmaster Police.
It's box stock and is 100% reliable, stoked w/ 00B Federal w/flite control wad.
The ONLY alteration that I've considered is adding a Limbsaver recoil pad.

robinsok
10-03-2010, 19:48
As for recoil between the 870 w/SpecOps stock vs. Remington 1100 -

Using the same load, to me, they are comparable.
HOWEVER! The general consensus is that the 870 is going to be less finicky towards what is shoved into the magazine, then cycled and fired, than the 1100.

I own several 870s. Uh, 7 of them, IF my memory serves me.
I also own 2 1100s and 1 11-87.

Which one will get picked up, if things go 'bump' in the night???
My beloved 1980 model 870 Wingmaster Police.
It's box stock and is 100% reliable, stoked w/ 00B Federal w/flite control wad.
The ONLY alteration that I've considered is adding a Limbsaver recoil pad.

Thank you for the info, this is what i was looking for. I was thinking that they might be pretty close recoil wise, but i am glad to hear that from someone who has played with both.