Best night sites for the money G26/33? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best night sites for the money G26/33?

silvrevo
10-01-2010, 13:58
If a few could chime in on which they think are the best for the Glocks that would be Great.

I have the stock night sites on my Glock19, and was unaware they dont come stock anymore.

So what brand and type to add.

Thanks in advance!

hk_shootr
10-01-2010, 15:32
Glock brand sights are Tenifer treated and vials are produced by Meprolight.
Seem to be the best bang for the buck that I've seen.

silvrevo
10-01-2010, 17:45
Alright...how about the best,,,top if the line. Thanks.

JoNxMeMpHiS
10-01-2010, 17:52
Straight 8 or XS Big Dot. Depends on what you like better.

Since I'm not Bob Munden I prefer the XS Big Dots.

G19aps
10-02-2010, 04:22
Ameriglo Operators. They're Trijicons without the white ring around the rear tritium.

papalapa
10-02-2010, 06:12
I personally like Warren Tacticals and Heinies. But I'm of the opinion that any steel sights that have a sight picture that fit you, are A OK.

3rdgen40
10-02-2010, 06:16
Glock brand sights are Tenifer treated and vials are produced by Meprolight.
Just about every tritium vial on the market is produced by Trijicon.

Ameriglo Operators.
I'll second that.Just put a set on my 19.I'll be adding them to my new FNX-9 also.

hk_shootr
10-02-2010, 07:02
Alright...how about the best,,,top if the line. Thanks.

Very subjective,.....what's BEST for me may not be for you.
For a G26, mainly a CCW, I like Big Dots

The Retired Sarge
10-02-2010, 07:31
I prefer Meprolight or the Glock factory NS which are Meprolight. They appear bigger/brighter to me and are very durable. Meprolight does make their own tritium vials. Bill

RayB
10-02-2010, 13:18
1) Just about every tritium vial on the market is produced by Trijicon.

2) I'll second that.Just put a set on my 19.I'll be adding them to my new FNX-9 also.

1) True; but not so of Meprolight. Trijicon imports their tritium lamps for their own products and supplies tritium lamps for several other products (nothing wrong with any of that) including AmeriGlo.

Meprolight manufactures their own tritium lamps.

2) I like these [AmeriGlo Operators] as well!

--Ray

RayB
10-02-2010, 13:20
Very subjective,.....what's BEST for me may not be for you.
For a G26, mainly a CCW, I like Big Dots

So true!

Sights are like shoes or underwear!

Any of the top brands will serve you well...

--Ray

RayB
10-02-2010, 13:50
I prefer Meprolight or the Glock factory NS which are Meprolight. They appear bigger/brighter to me and are very durable. Meprolight does make their own tritium vials. Bill

I find the Meps to be brighter too, while the Trijicons are sharper-appearing.

One of the things Meprolight does is to coat the interior of the lamp housing with a bright-white finish. This, by way of internal reflection, bounces more light out the lamps aperture.

I think all the leading night sight brands are fairly priced and well-made.

What follows is my previously well received, Night Sight Review...

--Ray

My Take On Night Sights...

Glock OEM Night Sights utilize Meprolight lamps, and when purchased with the gun, are about the best deal going! The OEM models are tennifer-treated, combat-type sights, which typically had a staked-on front sight that dedicated that sight to one gun; but recently, we’ve been getting reports of a threaded-on front sight being the new standard for this set up. They are excellent bull's-eye sights out to 30-feet or so.

Meprolight Night Sights are rugged, well-made, low profile, combat-type sights, with a wide front blade to rear sight notch aspect. Israeli-made Meprolights were the first tritium night sights marketed for use on popular pistols and rifles. Their large lamps appear brighter than other night sights, partly because the interior of the lamp housings has a bright-white coating to increase internal reflection. The lamps and white plastic o-ring markers appear to be embedded in polished epoxy, which resists solvents and makes for easy cleaning. By design, the front sight appears brighter than the rear sight.

Trijicon Night Sights offer tritium lamps surrounded by an aluminum sleeve, pressed into the sight housing, and covered by a sapphire lens. This lens makes the sight markers appear very sharp in the dark, Vs. Meprolight's glowing orbs, and protects the lamps from external damage. The narrower front blade to rear sight notch aspect will be appreciated by sharper eyed shooters at the range. The quality is excellent, but care should be taken when cleaning to avoid harsh solvents and aggressive scrubbing, as the white o-rings are painted on.

AmeriGlo offers the best selection of night sights available. Quality is first-rate, as the sights combine Trijicon lamps with white PVC O-rings for markers. A combination of sight profiles, blade and notch widths, marker configurations, sizes and lamp colors, offers something for everyone. I really like their Operator sights with a green front and yellow rear lamps!

XS Big Dot sights are high quality combat sights, designed for SHTF situations. Place that big white dot on center mass, and if your trigger control is good, you will hit your target, out to 30-feet or better. The night sight picture is pleasing and easily picked up. These are a specialty sight, and many will find them wanting for range use; conversely, others will master them for target use too. More than any sight I know of, people like them or they don't.

Note: Lamp colors are often mixed today, combining the familiar green with yellow or orange, even red or blue tritium lamps. The brighter appearing green, always goes to the front... I personally like the two color set up, using yellow or orange rear lamps, with the green front. Note that green and yellow have a similar lamp-life, while other colors such as orange or red, may have half the lamp-life.

Summary: These are just a few night sights we've had first-hand experience with. There are other quality products, and some not-so-quality products out there to try. Some are innovative and novel--like TrueGlo TFOs. Some are known to be problematic... Any of the premium brands--ie., Novak, Heinie, Dawson Precision, Bomar, etc.---should be excellent. The warranty is a good indicator of the manufacturer's confidence in their product.

--Ray

End

silvrevo
10-03-2010, 19:51
Good stuff ray...thanks!

SanduneCC
10-05-2010, 15:10
Ameriglo Operators. They're Trijicons without the white ring around the rear tritium.

THIS ^

Plus the front sight is thinner than Trijicon for more precision.

Ogie
10-05-2010, 21:40
I have a Glock OEM front night sight only on my Glock 19. I really like that set up!

isis07734
10-06-2010, 09:07
Anyone know the dimensions on the Mepros?

LawDog2006
10-06-2010, 09:14
+1 for trijicons