Which ammo? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which ammo?

Jacob341
10-02-2010, 10:03
This is for people who carry factory loads. Which ammo is everyone carrying in the G32/33's and why? Kinda new to .357 sig and just bought a new G32.

Thanks.

WoodenPlank
10-02-2010, 14:51
I am using Winchester Ranger T and SXT in my G32. Consistent performance in testing, and has been proven time and again in the field by LEOs. Speer Gold Dot is also a good choice, but I was able to get larger quantities of the Ranger for a lot cheaper than Gold Dot, so that is what I went with.

G-31
10-03-2010, 13:22
I've been very happy with my Gold Dots.

Mrs_Esterhouse
10-03-2010, 14:50
I'm at a crossroads as well. I've been looking at switching to DoubleTap's new 115gr Nosler cartridges. The numbers are very impressive. Does anyone know how well Nosler pistol bullets expand?

Ballistics : 1550fps / 614 ft. lbs. 4"bbl

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_32&products_id=453

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/images/122_2281.JPG

Glock 302
10-03-2010, 15:13
I carry Speer Gold Dot 125 grain in my G33 and love the round. I have shot many rounds and never had a malfunction. I love 357 sig it is an awesome round for concealed carry.

357sigRog
10-06-2010, 00:19
In my G33 I normally carry Winchester Ranger T's. I also have some Double Tap 125gr gold dots from 3 years ago I carry sometimes, this is when they were reaching the numbers posted on the box. I sometimes cycle in some Rem. Golden Sabers 125gr because I like the way they perform.

P.K.
10-10-2010, 23:12
I don't think I would trust Double Tap. I've ordered from them before and I got a batch that must have had bad primers. Some would fire and others would not. That's dangerous cause you don't know if the primer is going to have a delayed reaction or if it's a total dud. So after going through a box of 50 and only half of them firing I called DT and they said all sales are final. So I took what was left and the other box of ammo to the gun range, notified them it was unsafe ammo and let them dispose of it.

All the hype of putting out more velocity than the factory standard is over rated. A 100 fps faster isn't going to make it more lethal. The police departments who utilize this cartridge use the 125 gr. Speer. That round is perfectly capable of going through a windshield and penetrating 12 inches in a gelatin block.

I've also got into reloading and even I use common name brand defense ammo in my gun. The reason is due to legalities and forensics. If I were ever to use my weapon they would be able to determine how far away they were with common ammo. If I used my own they wouldn't be able to determine that distance. That could mean the difference between going to prison or being free.

BTW- You usually get better accuracy when your not over powering the cartridge like DT does.