My CZ cherry is officially popped. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My CZ cherry is officially popped.

IMightBeWrong
10-02-2010, 11:24
I was at my local Cabella's making it my mission to check out 9mm pistols I never had before about a week ago. I looked at the P99, The Browning BDA Compact, some 9mm 1911s and really just a whole bunch of things until I was just on the verge of getting the BDA. But then, before getting off the fence on the Browning, I decided I may as well take a look at a CZ. I asked to look at a P-01, the most modern looking CZ in tbeir case, and instantly fell head over heels.

It felt perfect in my hand. The rubber grip panels were made perfectly, the weight was just right, the trigger pull was smooth and light for a double action, the controls were well placed, and the lockup was the most tight and perfect slide to frame fit I've ever felt in a pistol of its price range. The CZ came straight home with me and I could not be happier with my purchase. It was only after that that I also found out about it's stringent NATO testing and incredible reputation, so that only enhances the pleasure I get from my decision! I hope you'll all welcome me to the club.

Sorry for the lack of pictures by the way. I typed this up on my Droid since my computer is busted and I don't yet know how to put phone pics up on the forum.

deeHKman
10-02-2010, 11:47
I have been into CZ's since 1997. I have six at the moment. I bet you were amazed at the torture test Nato the P01 survived. Other manufactures were invited to put their handgun in most politely refused. The P01 is Nato approved so it has a stout recoil spring and the trigger will smooth out alot the more its shot. I'm no gunsmith but i always clean before shooting. The recoil spring and slide to frame fit hold to some tight tolerances so i put a small amount of slide-glide lite grease at the rails and other places the frame and slide touch metal to metal...I sure hope you enjoy your Cz as much as i do all of mine..Congrats, David

Warning CZ's are considered very Addictive:supergrin:

IMightBeWrong
10-02-2010, 12:23
One thing I forgot to mention: these pistols are beautiful and exotic! I love the finish and the looks of the whole package and the serrations on the top of the slide along the sight picture are a gorgeous touch. I've always loved pistols that do that i.e. walther PPK.

Officer's Match
10-02-2010, 20:44
They certainly are appealing and great shooting pistols. Fired my Phantom today and it's amazingly easy to hit with. I was just running some semi-speed drills on the metal spinner (which I hit with some orange flourescent paint to make it easier to see) and ended up making a grouping worthy of photographing (if I had a camera with me which I didn't). Oh, and this was the first magazine I have ever shot through any CZ.

bac1023
10-16-2010, 20:10
Congrats! :cool:

I love CZs :)

Snak3
10-16-2010, 21:33
I'm getting my first CZ next week. A P-01 as well. :cool:

I hope I'm as happy as you are! By the way, how does it shoot?

clarkstoncz
10-20-2010, 11:35
Glad to have you guys with us!
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/Awesome3.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/welovecz-4.jpg