My wife wants a gun and a PTCFOR [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My wife wants a gun and a PTCFOR

darwin25
10-02-2010, 20:43
After refusing to hold a gun for so long. Finally she said yesterday I want a gun, a PTCFOR and professional training. She wants me to sell an HPR of mine so I wouldn't have to mess with my incoming x'mas bonuses. MAUTAK. And told me to find her some professional training.

I can only guess why she had a sudden change of heart. I bet she was really worried by the abductions and violations of women (gang-rapes) these past few days.

What a breath of fresh air

She want's a Walther PK380.

horge
10-02-2010, 20:51
You could have her try the Bersa Thunder 380. :)

That said, Dino's new outfit is selling the Walther PK380,
and it is probably easier to rack its slide than the Bersa's, and
seems to be lighter, too.

Psst... Dino! Alokan mo ng discount si Darwin! :)

darwin25
10-02-2010, 20:56
Bersa Thunder 380 for the win.
Same bang, more reliability, only half the price.

yah, I told her that. She only wants a Walther PK380

horge
10-02-2010, 22:40
She only wants a Walther PK380

It's best not to argue with her. :)
Bili na kaagad!

batangueno
10-02-2010, 23:19
Professional training??? Kayang kaya mo na yan Darwin. :supergrin:

PMMA97
10-03-2010, 00:53
I wonder kung parehas lang ang magturo sa wife on how to drive a car and firearms training.

I tried teaching my wife how to drive.
To cut the story short when I told her to step on the brakes she stepped on the gas pedal.
Kawawang poste sa basketball court at bumper ng kotse.

Kinabukasan we went to A1 Driving School.
Nakakabilib ang mga instructors doon...parang mga daredevils sa lakas ng loob.

Just thinking out loud.

Back to topic!

glock4ever!
10-03-2010, 02:54
Buy her a .357 magnum Desert Eagle

Kaiser Soze
10-03-2010, 03:21
Hey Dar, the .380 is the smallest caliber I'd let her shoot and carry, if you can find her a 9mm she can comfortably rack and fire go for it. The trigger is ok naman, and gets better with time (just like the P99 and the P22) it is double action though.

sandman_sy
10-03-2010, 03:39
Gen 4 Glock 17.. aheheheh :P

bisoy
10-03-2010, 17:46
nice :)

darwin25
10-03-2010, 19:38
Professional training??? Kayang kaya mo na yan Darwin. :supergrin:

Walang tiwala sa kin asawa ko pagdating dyan. Kaya nga siya magca-carry na din e.:supergrin:

darwin25
10-03-2010, 19:45
Hey Dar, the .380 is the smallest caliber I'd let her shoot and carry, if you can find her a 9mm she can comfortably rack and fire go for it. The trigger is ok naman, and gets better with time (just like the P99 and the P22) it is double action though.

I had her hold different guns a few gunshows ago and the Walther P22 was the one she liked. She said it fits her hand like a glove but she wants it in .380. A few minutes later she had a panic attack from all the guns in the room and she never held a gun again eversince.:crying:

Well I can only tell why she had a sudden change of heart. She is obviously worried about street violence and the recent abductions violations, rapes of women. She travels a lot to different provinces all over the country, many have problems with peace and order, due to the nature of her work and have no one to depend on but herself. I bet she feels very vulnerable.

I think the .380 will suffice for now. I will let her progress by herself. The important thing now is not to break her stride.

Allegra
10-03-2010, 20:15
I've never shot a 380 before or probably I dont remember , malaki ba difference sa 9mm?
I'd say go for the 9mm , just tell her mas mahina recoil ng 9mm and it's used by men who cant handle the recoil of a real gun

btw, there are female firearms trainers din though i dont know if gender makes one a better trainer, siguro may kasamang girl talk at chismisan
Naisip ko baka sa mindset , since galing sa female perspective ang sa kanila
Who knows what they're thinking

edtf
10-03-2010, 21:47
I had her hold different guns a few gunshows ago and the Walther P22 was the one she liked. She said it fits her hand like a glove but she wants it in .380. A few minutes later she had a panic attack from all the guns in the room and she never held a gun again eversince.:crying:

Well I can only tell why she had a sudden change of heart. She is obviously worried about street violence and the recent abductions violations, rapes of women. She travels a lot to different provinces all over the country, many have problems with peace and order, due to the nature of her work and have no one to depend on but herself. I bet she feels very vulnerable.

I think the .380 will suffice for now. I will let her progress by herself. The important thing now is not to break her stride.

I hope you didn't over look the Taurus PT111. The grip and size is almost the same as the P22

BrassKnuckle
10-03-2010, 22:22
This might be a good time to "cross-sell" her on some unarmed combat skills. Importante yun bro as she won't always have her gun in her hand.

Kudos to your wife for taking responsibility for her own safety!

glock4ever!
10-07-2010, 04:41
I would choose a handgun which would be easy for her to operate. The trigger pull should be light enough for her to shoot comfortably. I think Walther PPK does not have light trigger pulls, and so are most revolvers. I believe Glock pistols are a good choice for ladies. They have light trigger pulls ( 5.5 lbs ), and are easy to operate ( no external safeties, just cock, point and shoot ). For the ammo, I would choose a 9 mm parabellum. 9mm has sufficient stopping power. Hence, I would recommend a 3rd gen, Glock 19, or Glock 26 for your wife.

Allegra
10-07-2010, 09:31
Napansin ko lang , the biggest hadlang matuto ang mga girlaloo sa larangan ng pag tudla is the guys w/ her themselves
Masyado binebaby
Hindi mahihina mga yan, malalakas mga yan! nagkukunwari lang kasi ganyan ang mga type nyo
Kelangan lang ng positive reiforcement

just watch the lady shooters sa ipsc today shoot 9mms
the first time I saw them shoot laglag panga ko
they can do what the guys do kasi they didtn believe they couldnt

presidingglock
10-07-2010, 18:31
Let her have what she wants and not what you think she wants. Its peaceful in the homefront that way.

cebuboy
10-07-2010, 18:40
Actually, basing from our experience of teaching basic defensive pistol courses, imho, girls or women in general are easier to teach/train than men. :)

Wp.22
10-07-2010, 19:54
Napansin ko lang , the biggest hadlang matuto ang mga girlaloo sa larangan ng pag tudla is the guys w/ her themselves
Masyado binebaby
Hindi mahihina mga yan, malalakas mga yan! nagkukunwari lang kasi ganyan ang mga type nyo

i agree with Fafa A. Example na lang ang mrs ko pag kasama ako magbukas lang na jar na mayo hirap na ipapasa pa sa akin para buksan kahit kaya naman. Ang lagi ko sinasabi paano pag wala ako hindi ka na kakain ayon biglang maiinis instant strength open kaagad yung jar.

Ang matindi doon siya lang din naman ang nagsasara since hindi ako kumakain ng mayonaise.

BrassKnuckle
10-08-2010, 00:47
Actually, basing from our experience of teaching basic defensive pistol courses, imho, girls or women in general are easier to teach/train than men. :)

I guess it's because some men equate shooting skill with machismo, so they feel that they have to "show something" instead of just listen to the instructor.

Allegra
10-08-2010, 03:14

and the most difficult are old guys di ba
Di maka intindi
Parati may side comment sila - sanggol ka pa lang pumuputok nako , ilan beses ka na ba napalaban? , sa papel ka lang magaling blah blah blah
Kelangan mo pa mag exhibition to get their respect heehee

tama nga si fafa brass , it's machismo and ego
Lalake napapahiya pag takot sa blast o pag sumala

Women have no expectations , they follow instructions and hit the target

PMMA97
10-08-2010, 04:18
Semi matigas yung ulo ng woman trainee dun sa Magpul Dynamics Art of the Handgun.

Pero cute naman.

Wp.22
10-08-2010, 04:51
Semi matigas yung ulo ng woman trainee dun sa Magpul Dynamics Art of the Handgun.

Pero cute naman.
si willie

Kaiser Soze
10-10-2010, 09:20
Masyado binebaby

I agree that a lot of women are more than capable shooters and some of them (the Mrs.!) prefer shooting my old .45 Colt Commander than my newer polymer 9mm pistols.

The problem with a majority of women shooters is not weapon proficiency or shooting skills, its weapon size. It's rare to find a woman who's willing to change her method of dress or bag choice to accommodate a firearm (Mrs. Bikethief and Mrs. ab74 being exceptions of course).

drhiredgun
10-16-2010, 05:08
...hindi kaya gusto lang i-benta ni kumander ang isang HPR mo bro?:whistling: