Any slight repercussions for using a G32 barrel in a G23 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any slight repercussions for using a G32 barrel in a G23

Msokol13
10-03-2010, 00:05
I was thinking about picking up a G32 barrel for the G23, is "everything" the exact same with the exception of the barrel?

The reason I ask is I am concerned that using the .357 sig barrel in a G23 frame/slide would cause additional wear/tear. I know the .357 is a ver high pressure round so I want to make sure that the G23 frame/slide are built to handle the tolerenaces of the .357 sig round.

If there is even the slightest chance of damaging the hangun I want to know about it. Would this in any way void the warranty?

JR
10-03-2010, 20:26
If you have a Gen3 gun there is absolutely no issue at all. Drop the G32 barrel in your G23 and you have successfully converted it. We recommend you always use the correct magazine with each barrel. This will help you avoid accidently shooting the wrong ammunition out of the wrong barrel. Its cheap insurance.
FYI: We have been selling 357 barrels to Gen2 customers from the beginning. I have yet to see one of these frames fail. Glock Inc policy is, this can not be done safely however.... I have yet to see a failure?