Problem with Gmail [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Gmail

zoyter2
10-03-2010, 21:43
Guys, I am having a problem with gmail. It seems that I can send any email to another Gmail account, but not to another domain.

For instance, I can log in on zoyter1@gmail and send an email to zoyter2@gmail.com and add Zoyter2@otherisp.com to the same outgoing mail, but it only goes to the gmail.

I have not noticed this before, but I rarely use gmail.

Any suggestions? I have perused the settings and help section and nothing is mentioned.

Thanks for the help!

captainstormy
10-03-2010, 23:59
Well if your logging in and doing this via the webmail then I would say that Google might be having some issues with there SMTP servers. I'm not 100% sure since I'm a programmer and not a network guy but the internal mail (from gmail, to gmail) might not have to go across the SMTP servers.

If your doing this with an email client (such as thunderbird, outlook, etc) then you might want to look at your SMTP settings.

zoyter2
10-04-2010, 09:58
Well, I was doing it with the webmail, but just an update, this morning I woke up to about 25 test emails on my 3 "otherisp.com" accounts. :supergrin:

I guess there must be or must have been some delay in delivery. :dunno:

Thanks for the help though!:wavey:

WFBont7
10-04-2010, 10:04
gmail to gmail seems to be very fast and friendly. gmail to other accounts obviously seem to be slower. gmail to other domains seem to be a lag. probably googles way of trying to get everybody to switch.

i have a problem with google calendar and gmail when i open it with IE. when i use google chrome, everything is very fast.

MavsX
10-05-2010, 08:58
sounds like it's an issue with the receiving domain. I;m guessing those emails aren't going to a major domain like hotmail or yahoo right? Something is F'ed up on that mail server, if it's delaying like that. Network congestion does happen, if it's a habit, i'd make a ticket with whoever is hosting your server, or that domain.