USPS Priority Mail [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : USPS Priority Mail

darwin25
10-04-2010, 00:03
I ordered something off eBay. How long does it normally take for a package to arrive to the Philippines?

CatsMeow
10-04-2010, 00:10
I have zero experience with Ebay but I occasionally order from amazon.com. There are three shipping options, the fastest, "priority international courier" option, gets your package here at least three (3) days (more expensive), and the normal or slowest is about one (1) month. Carrier is DHL.

darwin25
10-04-2010, 00:24
Thanks sir

I was just on the phone taking to our local PO. They said it will take 2-3 weeks for the package to arrive. I will receive a notice from them then I will have to pick it up from my local PO.

PMMA97
10-04-2010, 00:49
Yes.
That's how our postal system works.
Any "taxable" items that arrives you have to to the local post office to pay for the "duties" kuno.

Basta makarating I guess OK na din. Minsan kasi naglalaho na ang package.

chilipowder
10-04-2010, 01:59
Thanks sir

I was just on the phone taking to our local PO. They said it will take 2-3 weeks for the package to arrive. I will receive a notice from them then I will have to pick it up from my local PO.

no experience with eBay shipment...but with Amazon, just about the same (2-3 wks) on standard USPS...

im QC based, and at the QCPO charges a P30 customs examination fee (per package)...good luck on the taxes and duties thing...but usually small parcels goes through fine...(heard a lot of horror stories at the MKT PO though)

CatsMeow
10-04-2010, 02:34
Yeah that's about it (2-3wks), but I did it the slow way only once (never again) and the rest of my orders were via the fastest way. Lately, however, after my transfer here, they no longer require me to pay the tax, it appears it's already included in the charge to your credit card.

cshermiel
10-04-2010, 06:46
depende sa item. experienced waiting for a little over a month to as little as 20 days lang

akula
10-04-2010, 18:04
There are actually four mode of USPS (Post Office) air-mail shipping rates to the Philippines :

1. Express Mail Service -- Usually about 5-7 days
-- the most expensive. I think this would start at around $36 for the smallest package. With online tracking from the US until main Philippine sorting PO (but not up to local PO).

2. Global Priority Mail -- About two to three weeks
-- cost around $25 at least depending on size. Tracking only up to US shipping facility.

3. 1st Class Air Mail -- from three to five weeks. no tracking. usually gets delivered by PO. this is the snail mail. Cost from $2-5 for envelope-size parcels.

4. Registered Air Mail -- almost similar to 1st Class, except that its being 'logged' at specific stations. no tracking. you have to pick the item at the local PO. Starts around $15 for small parcels.

HTH.

darwin25
10-13-2010, 20:50
My registry notice from the local PO just arrived today. I'll pick it up later today after lunch. BTW, what I ordered are some SKS stripper clips I bought off e-bay

Thanks guys