Laptop battery charging options [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Laptop battery charging options

The Fist Of Goodness
10-04-2010, 22:12
My AC power cord no longer works on my laptop. It seems that one of my kids pulled it out while watching a DVD and bent the pin in the AC port. When I put it back in, I pushed the pin back into the computer. it is now rattling around inside. I can no longer charge the battery. Is there an alternative to using the AC adapter? Do they sell stand alone chargers for laptop batteries, or am I completely forked?

CitizenOfDreams
10-04-2010, 22:18
Laptop battery chargers do exist, but they are somewhat exotic.

Got any friends familiar with electronics? They should be able to fix your laptop, or at least kludge it together. If you are in Orlando by any chance, bring it to me. :wavey:

Sgt. Schultz
10-05-2010, 06:00
When I put it back in, I pushed the pin back into the computer. it is now rattling around inside. If the laptops internal power plug has been damaged then someone needs to open the case and repair the jack, if you can use a soldering iron it can be an easy fix.

MavsX
10-05-2010, 08:54
doh. damn kids!

The Fist Of Goodness
10-05-2010, 21:00
If the laptops internal power plug has been damaged then someone needs to open the case and repair the jack, if you can use a soldering iron it can be an easy fix.

The plastic housing for the jack is cracked and the pin broke off from it's connection. I though about soldering it back on, but I don't think it will hold without the housing.

I pulled the part, hoping I could find a replacement online, but there are no markings that I can see that would indicate the manufacturer or model number (there is a symbol that looks like 3U). The part consists of the AC port, and two USB ports on a card that attaches to the motherboard.