Glock 23 grip/frame ??? [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : Glock 23 grip/frame ???

10-07-2010, 05:37
I saw a Glock 23 yesterday , serial ARE3xx US. The magazine opening has a half moon shaped cutout, I suppose for indexing the mag prior to insertion. Is there a method to deal with filling this space in or is there no problem here?

Also, is this vintage ,one with the unsupported barrel that so much is written about.


10-07-2010, 18:02
The 1/2 moon cut out is intended for use during magazine extraction. If your mag was stuck you could place your thumb in this cut out area, and then rip the mag out of the frame! Don’t even think about filling it in. The fill job would be ugly and reduce the value of the gun. If you consider this feature unsightly, sell the gun and purchase a newer model.

Yes the barrel chamber you have in this older gun is as unsupported as you can get. If you are shooting "off the shelf" you are covered for a KB by the ammunition manufacture and Glock Inc. If you roll your own I recommend you pick up a LWD barrel and never worry about a KB again.
See the LWD 23-40 barrel choices here