My Amazing Wife [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Amazing Wife

ProCarryNAustin
10-08-2010, 22:47
My wife is an amazing woman. When we met, almost 15 years ago, I knew it and we married after 3 weeks!

With her, I'm the luckiest guy ever! Now I'm the luckiest guy ever with an incredible pistol!!!

We were discussing the up and coming holidays and she told me that she had been saving all year so I could have a new pistol. She also remembered a time when she bought me an M4 upper for Christmas only to have it arrive the following April! She wanted me to go ahead and get it now so that it would not be backordered. I'm not sure how she knew, but I got the last one off the shelf and the wait is now something like 16-18 weeks!!

I thought I was going to have to wait until Monday, but my company let us out at 3pm today. I may have set a minor record driving from Austin to the guys at Dawson Precision in Florence. On a side note, if you ever get a chance to do business with these guys, you will not be disappointed. Best company I have dealt with in a long time. The folks there got me taken care of and even installed a front sight for me and gave me a little tour while I waited. Very personable folks.

Please excuse my photography skills...

I got an STI Ranger II in 9mm. This pistol feels like it was machined out of a single block of steel. Fit and finish are excellent and it locks up like the proverbial bank vault. Trigger is also excellent, 'specially for right out of the box. At some point, I will probably have a tougher finish put on it as that was one of the things I did like about my Glocks. This is the nicest pistol I have ever handled, bar none!

I offered to let my wife wrap it up and I would wait patiently (well, as patiently as could be expected) for Christmas... she would not hear about it!!! On top of the amazing gift, she was sweet to put up with me this week. I've been bouncing around like a kid after 10 cups of coffee!!! My co-workers were probably about ready to put me in a bag and throw me off a bridge!

I will post a range report on Monday after I wring it out a bit. I'm expecting great things from this pistol!

My Wife Rocks!!!

knedrgr
10-08-2010, 22:55
Are you guys adopting?

Congrats on a new toy...that Santa dropped off early. I like the Ranger a lot.

LASTRESORT20
10-08-2010, 23:09
Very nice! You are a lucky man! :)

BryGuy
10-08-2010, 23:33
Does your wife have a sister?

Congratulations on the new pistol!

ProCarryNAustin
10-08-2010, 23:54
Not adopting at the moment... will let you know if that changes!

She does have a sister, but not cut from the same cloth so to speak...

Can't wait to get some range time on this pistol!

The_Drizzle
10-09-2010, 00:25
You are a lucky guy.

GVFlyer
10-09-2010, 01:42
Nice Rolex, nice pistol, great marriage.

Boxerglocker
10-09-2010, 01:52
:drool: I've been eyeing that Ranger II for a couple of weeks... think of making the lineup all 9mm. I think your post just put me over the edge.

Congrats your a lucky man....

bac1023
10-09-2010, 06:28
Wow! :wow:

Congrats.

Hokie1911
10-09-2010, 06:28
Congrats on the Ranger2 9mm. Love those. :drool:

okie
10-09-2010, 06:56
That's very nice my friend:thumbsup:

Jim S.
10-09-2010, 07:42
I hope you take equally good care of her.
Sounds like she deserves special treatment.

custom2
10-09-2010, 10:48
Cool chicks are hard to find these days. The first birthday I shared with my fiance was a good one. She knew I had a 92FS on layaway and she took me there to pick it up. Thanks baby.

4 years ago, when I turned 30, she took me to Vegas. She paid.

This year she bought me an AK-47 with our money but she let me buy it. You married guys know what I mean.

A long time friend of mine gave me a family heirloom of hers. Her grandfather left her his estate. She gave me a 40 year old Smith and Wesson model 41, still in the box, unfired. The cleaning kit was unopened. The pistol is in 98 percent condition.

My best friend is buying me a new range bag that holds 2 long guns and has 2 compartments for pistols and 4 mag pouches.

The best part is, my birthday isn't for 10 days. I love my friends and family very dearly.

awpk03s
10-09-2010, 11:00
That is very cool. And a nice pistol to boot!

Ranger45
10-09-2010, 11:13
Sending the link for this thread to MY wife!

Spiffums
10-09-2010, 11:41
You only have a pretty cool wife....... and Amazing Wife would have made you get a 45. :supergrin:

venenoindy
10-09-2010, 17:02
I only wish, Congrats on the new pistol but just for the fact that your wife saved for a whole year that is priceless.

ctfireman
10-09-2010, 18:26
Very nice! I like the modern style trigger with the classic hammer. Very cool!!!

rsxr22
10-09-2010, 18:40
congrats definitely sounds like you picked a good one.. Wife that is LOL

the Hudge
10-09-2010, 20:24
Nice. I own three STI's and love every one of them. Many happy years with both.

ProCarryNAustin
10-10-2010, 10:54
You only have a pretty cool wife....... and Amazing Wife would have made you get a 45. :supergrin:

She was perfectly fine with me getting something with lower recoil, cheaper ammunition and pretty much the same effectiveness... :rofl:

BTW, her idea of a "go to" gun is our M4 in 6.8 SPC.

mr00jimbo
10-10-2010, 11:33
Gorgeous piece! I like the submariner too :)

brzusa.1911
10-10-2010, 12:08
Congratulations man, on both the pistol and the wife!

My wife is pretty awesome too, she is a stay home mom for now, so she can't afford to get me some toys on her savings. But, she is supportive to my gun hobby!

ProCarryNAustin
10-10-2010, 15:01
Congratulations man, on both the pistol and the wife!

My wife is pretty awesome too, she is a stay home mom for now, so she can't afford to get me some toys on her savings. But, she is supportive to my gun hobby!

I'm a strong believer in stay at home moms. . nothing else can do more to ground a kid on the right path.

Sound like we are both lucky.

BlayGlock
10-12-2010, 12:20
BTW, her idea of a "go to" gun is our M4 in 6.8 SPC.

Sounds like you got a good one lol. Congrats on an awesome pistol and wife.

Im lucky to have a wife that is supportive of my gun hobby as well. She just got a new Glock 26 two weeks ago. She was carrying a S&W M67 but was a little heavy for her purse.

carloglock19
10-12-2010, 12:33
That's an awesome feeling I bet! My wife hated my guns "why do you need another gun" blah, blah, blah! The guns stayed she got the boot! One day I will find a good woman that is as fond of guns as I am. You are a lucky man congrats!

Hokie1911
10-12-2010, 13:14
That's an awesome feeling I bet! My wife hated my guns "why do you need another gun" blah, blah, blah! The guns stayed she got the boot! One day I will find a good woman that is as fond of guns as I am. You are a lucky man congrats!

Wow, this sounds vaguely familiar...except the booting the wife part. :rofl:

Tactical black
10-12-2010, 13:25
Wow, this sounds vaguely familiar...except the booting the wife part. :rofl:

Your wife must secretly like guns if she lets you buy a $2400 brown while being unemployed I think you're probably with a pretty good chick. :cool:

Hokie1911
10-12-2010, 13:31
Your wife must secretly like guns if she lets you buy a $2400 brown while being unemployed I think you're probably with a pretty good chick. :cool:

Shhhhhhhhhh. She has no idea how much the Brown costs, and if she found out, she would permanently separate me from my manhood.

The Brown is coming from "my money" and not "our money", so I chose not to share the gory details. She thought the CBOB at $1,100 was outrageous, so no need to elaborate at this point. :whistling:

knedrgr
10-12-2010, 14:57
That's an awesome feeling I bet! My wife hated my guns "why do you need another gun" blah, blah, blah!

You just substitute the 'gun' word for 'shoes and/or purse' then she'll see your point... :whistling:

The guns stayed she got the boot! One day I will find a good woman that is as fond of guns as I am. You are a lucky man congrats!

Same here with my ex wife. And my new wife knows this before we got married. :supergrin:

jrs93accord
10-12-2010, 15:30
My wife and I have been together for 15 years too. I would not trade here for anything. She is definitely a keeper. I would not have the collection I have if it was not for her.