Ameri-Glo Classic vs Meprolights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ameri-Glo Classic vs Meprolights

Concealed30
10-09-2010, 15:07
I am not sure which Night Sites to get, I have ruled out the Trijicon due to the fact that bore cleaner can take the white outline off around the tritum rod. I know that Mepros do not have this problem, I am not sure if the classic ameriglos do (Model GL113) .... Can any fellow glockers offer some insight to me on this matter? Thanks to anyone who replys, Concealed 30
BTW- They are for my BU carry piece (G27)....Thanks

RayB
10-09-2010, 15:44
To my knowledge, AmeriGlo uses Trijicon lamps and white PVC (plastic) O-rings as sight markers. So, the downside = 0.

The Meprolights (also excellent) that I have owned and tried tend to have a wider front sight blade to rear notch aspect, than do the Trijicons.

To be fair, the Trijicons on my wife's G19 have held up just fine. But I never use harsh solvents on any of our gun sights...

Note: Use of a silicone gun cloth after thorough cleaning and drying, leaves a fine film that acts as a dirt-release for subsequent cleanings.

--Ray

Concealed30
10-10-2010, 07:45
Thanks Ray once again for your sight knowlege, I have a local shop (www.srtdirect.com) who stocks the Ameriglo but is not a mepro dealer. There is a show in Tampa this weekend and my Glock guy always has Mepros there, $85.00 w/tax, SO im gonna go to my local shop and look at the Ameriglos, The mepros I beleive also use PVC around the tritum rod if I remember correctly...

Concealed30
10-17-2010, 13:21
Ended up Picking up another set of Mepros, I fiqure if it aint broke, dont fix it. The ones on my G19 have been perfect since day 1 (that was about 6yrs ago) so I made my way to the Tampa gun show today. Was also able to pick up a box of Ranger 180 Grain JHP's for my .40 today to, the price was right so I grabbed a box...........Concealed30

MrSmoofy
10-17-2010, 15:24
Thanks Ray once again for your sight knowlege, I have a local shop (www.srtdirect.com (http://www.srtdirect.com)) who stocks the Ameriglo but is not a mepro dealer. There is a show in Tampa this weekend and my Glock guy always has Mepros there, $85.00 w/tax, SO im gonna go to my local shop and look at the Ameriglos, The mepros I beleive also use PVC around the tritum rod if I remember correctly...

I'll be picking up some Orange/Green Ameriglo's from srtdirect $85+tax installed is what they told me. Lot's of great stuff there.

Was at the Tampa Gun show today, bought some targets and a Fenix flashlight.

chad1972
10-17-2010, 15:30
I'll be picking up some Orange/Green Ameriglo's from srtdirect $85+tax installed is what they told me. Lot's of great stuff there.

Was at the Tampa Gun show today, bought some targets and a Fenix flashlight.where is srtdirect? I am also wanting a set of orange/ green for my 19

MrSmoofy
10-17-2010, 15:36
where is srtdirect? I am also wanting a set of orange/ green for my 19

They don't stock them they were going to order it for me since they are a dealer, I just don't have the funds for it yet.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=srt+direct+clearwater&fb=1&gl=us&hq=srt+direct&hnear=Clearwater,+FL&cid=0,0,10664162686672077190&ei=imu7TLfoE8TflgfF7-StBA&ved=0CBMQnwIwAA&ll=27.896534,-82.701645&spn=0.00751,0.013282&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

http://www.srtestore.com/Contact.aspx

Looks like they have 2 locations, I've only been to the SRT Supply Direct on Ulmerton.

Concealed30
10-17-2010, 16:28
On Ulmerton and 49th St. about 5 blocks north of Pinellas County Correctional Facility (County Jail) If your going S. on 49th St. I am in there a few days a week. Dave is the name of the Gunsmith at the shop. He will put your sights on for free, at least he used to. I dont wanna be wrong there so maybe call and ask for him. Hes a super nice guy, has always done me right....... Yeah, the show was not overcrowded I had a good time. Next time theres one in Tampa I will start a post in the Florida Glockers where you live section and see if any GT people wanna meet face to face. I always enjoy meeting people I speak with here:supergrin:......Concealed30