Master Mason Apron [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Master Mason Apron

Line Rider
10-09-2010, 18:48
I was passed a few weeks ago. I'm about ready to turn in my lesson and be raised. My question is, after I'm raised what are the rules on wearing a MM apron? I've been looking at this one from Macoy's.

http://www.macoy.com/-Master-Mason-Dress-Apron-with-Side-tabs--P3265.aspx

10-09-2010, 21:54
In our lodge you wear the aprons provided by the lodge that has our lodge number on them.

In PA, I have never seen anyone wear anything but the one provided by the lodge or a Past Master's Apron.

Not sure about other states or if there is anything preventing a Mason in PA from wearing one of those fancy aprons.

I will do some homework on that and let you know.

mmsig229
10-14-2010, 02:05
Generally you wear whatever apron the Lodge provides for you. The Lambskin apron you wear for your Degree work will be given to you once you're raised. You'll find out then when you'll be wearing that one again. As a Past Master I was presented my PM apron when my year ended. I wear it when traveling outside my Lodge.

Poohgyrr
01-18-2011, 13:23
Our lodge, and in the lodges I've visited here in CA, most wear one of the provided aprons. You can also wear your personal apron anytime an apron is appropriate. That's here in our state. If you are ever here in Sacramento, look us up in the phone book or message me. Welcome from Tehama #3, CA Grand Lodge.

grecco
01-18-2011, 13:26
In our lodge you wear the aprons provided by the lodge that has our lodge number on them.

In PA, I have never seen anyone wear anything but the one provided by the lodge or a Past Master's Apron.

Not sure about other states or if there is anything preventing a Mason in PA from wearing one of those fancy aprons.

I will do some homework on that and let you know.

Very well stated.