Delving into the Possibility... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Delving into the Possibility...

ColCol
10-09-2010, 18:59
Having given consideration to the G30SF and G36, I think my needs would be met better with the G38 and giving this serious looking. the G30SF still feels fat in my hand and the G36 doesn't have the capacity I want so, being basically a 45 kind of guy it seems the chips may have fallen to the 45 GAP.

It would be nice to have a pistol in 45 that feels like my G23 but the one drawback that keeps me from pushing the button at Buds is the lack of components available...chiefly brass. I haven't had a smorgasbord of luck located new brass for this caliber and little in the line of factory ammo except for Gold Dot's from AmmotoGo.

Is there a secret to locating Starline or Winchester brass for the 45 GAP?

Russell Lang
10-10-2010, 07:31
I had the same problem for a while. Midway was out of 45 GAP brass, and Starline was on back-order. I did manage to find several boxes of WW target ammo, and shot it for practice and the brass. I have tried WW and Speer ammo for carry, and most GAPers are quite happy with the 200 gr Gold Dot. You can go to Starline and get on their list for brass when they make more, or go to Midway USA and get on their back-order list.
Needless to say, when I take my G38 to practice, I do spend a bit more time searching for my brass than I do for my other calibers.
But don't give up on the GAP! I really like the ability to carry 8+1 of 45 in a G-19/23 grip size. I am really waiting for the Gen4 to come out!

Slug71
10-10-2010, 20:13
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=194346415

jwizzl497
10-11-2010, 11:02
[QUOTE=Elijah;16117671]Having given consideration to the G30SF and G36, I think my needs would be met better with the G38 and giving this serious looking. the G30SF still feels fat in my hand and the G36 doesn't have the capacity I want so, being basically a 45 kind of guy it seems the chips may have fallen to the 45 GAP.QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I've been debating between the G38 and now the SW M&Pc. I think I'm kinda leaning towards the M&P becuase it's very close in size and it's ACP.
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 288pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=384><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=6 width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=20 width=64>Model</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 width=64>Height</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 width=64>Width</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 width=64>Length</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 width=64>Weight</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 width=64>Capacity</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=20>G38</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl68>5.0</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl69>1.18</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl69>6.80</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>31.92</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>8</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=20>M&Pc</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>4.8</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl69>1.20</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>7.55</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl69>35.60</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dingus
10-11-2010, 13:02
Get the G38 and live happily ever after. I am so glad I bought a G38.

tuica
10-11-2010, 14:12
Perhaps those GT'rs who shoot the GAP, but do not reload may be a good source. I am one of those, but am saving brass for a buddy who may get a GAP. You may want to inquire in the Reloading or BD Forum - and you may find some. Good Luck