Problem with new Glock 22 Gen 3 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new Glock 22 Gen 3

gimpy
10-11-2010, 19:03
I purchased my first Glock, a model 22, exactly one week ago today. I took it to the range the day after the purchase following a field strip and lube in accordance with the manual. I fired exactly 100 rounds of Winchester white box target ammo through it without a single failure. The gun appeared to be perfect until I field stripped it again to clean and lube once more. When I attempted to reassemble it the slide would only go so far onto the frame. It stopped abruptly approximately 1/8 inch from the back of the frame. The only way I can get the slide to properly install on the frame is to first move the trigger slightly forward with my finger. That allows the slide to proceed rearward such that the trigger will reset and normal operation is restored.

The gun operates normally in all respects with the exception of the above problem during reassembly. Each time the gun is field stripped the above problem resurfaces.

Has anyone else experienced this condition, and if so, did it require returning the pistol to Glock for correction?

JR
10-12-2010, 13:14
I have noticed this happening more & more with the latest produced Gen3 guns
No worries. You have a tighter gun.

gimpy
10-13-2010, 08:12
I have noticed this happening more & more with the latest produced Gen3 guns
No worries. You have a tighter gun.

JR, Thank you for the quick response. Yesterday morning I took the gun to a local Glock certified armorer. He completely disassembled the gun and thoroughly checked out each part. His analysis was essentially the same as yours. He said that although he had personally never seen a Glock do that it really was no big deal and would not affect the performance, or life of the gun. He did show me that if I hold the slide such that the muzzle is pointing vertically down then push in on the firing pin safety the firing pin resets itself allowing the gun to be reassembled normally. I just have to remember that one extra step in the reassembly process.

JR
10-13-2010, 15:49
Yah there is always a little trick associated with one of these tight guns. Point a little upwards, put more pressure here or there, whatever it takes to get the slide on the frame is all I care about.