It's snowing! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : It's snowing!

GioaJack
10-12-2010, 10:21
Big time! Summer is over, casting season is quickly approaching... I wonder what the downside of casting while wearing an oxygen hose is. :dunno:

LOOK AT THAT... LOOK AT THAT... it's snowing so hard the satellite reception just went out. Oh man, this sucks! :crying:

Jack

9jeeps
10-12-2010, 10:46
Oxygen and flame don't mix very well. Use care...

Hound_dogs_01
10-12-2010, 11:20
Do you guys cast boolits inside? I didnt think there was enough ventiliation to melt lead indoors?

Alex

Lotiki
10-12-2010, 11:22
Dammit, only raining like hell in Denver, looks like it's gonna start snowing soon though.

GioaJack
10-12-2010, 11:36
Do you guys cast boolits inside? I didnt think there was enough ventiliation to melt lead indoors?

Alex

Lead melts at a little over 620 degrees F... it doesn't vaporize until over 3000 degrees F.

The smoke and odor is caused by fluxing material, grease and debris that may be clinging to your pre-melted metal.

Opening a window and placing a small fan behind you aimed at the window provides more than enough ventilation. Look in the Lyman casting manual, or just about any other manual for that matter, they either have pictures of casting indoors or drawing of casting indoors.

The biggest downside is that depending on the level of understanding of your wife or girlfriend you may be threatened with the cessation of conjugal favors. (Wives and girlfriends are easily replaceable. :whistling:)

Jack

thePirho
10-12-2010, 12:18
Why don't you watch your tv on the internet? Why stick with satellite?

Also you could get a high powered fart fan (like for a bathroom) and use that for ventilation or just use the bath room and a good flexible duct.

jmorris
10-12-2010, 15:26
We have another 4 months before we get our snow. If we get any.

shotgunred
10-12-2010, 15:31
Big time! Summer is over, casting season is quickly approaching... I wonder what the downside of casting while wearing an oxygen hose is. :dunno:

LOOK AT THAT... LOOK AT THAT... it's snowing so hard the satellite reception just went out. Oh man, this sucks! :crying:

Jack

My brother lives less than 50 miles from you. Now I want to call him and see if it is snowing there. We don't get our 2 weeks of snow like stuff until much later in the year.

Currently 63 and sunny.

Colorado4Wheel
10-12-2010, 15:37
I still have my "Summer Only" tires on the car. Not sure if/when I am going to switch them over. Jack, your going to need to get those two grandchildren out shoveling the drive if I come over with those crappy (in the snow) tires.

XDRoX
10-12-2010, 15:48
Mid 80's in San Diego today:suntan:

PCJim
10-12-2010, 21:16
I'm still running my summer ultra HP tires also. Studded tires wouldn't seem quite right around here. :cool:

Zombie Steve
10-12-2010, 22:38
Turned the furnace on tonight... didn't get snow, but it will dip below freezing before morning.

Don't go dancing on the ice again Jack. In fact, I think you should look into these:

http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/38/3841/UQJYF00Z.jpg

Hogpauls
10-13-2010, 11:17
Mid 80's in San Diego today:suntan:
Braggart. Yeah, but can you use one of these? :supergrin:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx308/Hogpauls/20750.jpg

AZson
10-14-2010, 20:06
When it cools off I can start brewing. Yahoo

WiskyT
10-14-2010, 20:43
In the 80's with broken skies here. The funniest thing is seeing all the blonds walking around in sweaters and sued boots because it's fall. In the winter they wear full length coats with mufflers wrapped aound their faces. The worst part is that they call wool hat a "tobaggen". Now I can deal with people having stupid names for things based on where they live, like "pop" for soda, but when that name is already in use for something else, it drives me nuts. They will argue with you that a wool cap is properly called a tobaggen. I spent decades shoveling snow and these provincial putzses have the nerve to tell me that a tobaggen is not a slead.

PCJim
10-14-2010, 21:28
WiskyT, I guess you didn't grow up in the South? A toboggan is a pull-over knitted hat/cap. I wore many a one in the winters before moving so far south I ended up in the north.

WiskyT
10-15-2010, 18:49
WiskyT, I guess you didn't grow up in the South? A toboggan is a pull-over knitted hat/cap. I wore many a one in the winters before moving so far south I ended up in the north.

Right, I came from a land where snow exists and winter hats are needed. I think I'll just call my leather sofa an alligator. Afterall, being from NJ I know the true meaning of the word alligator. Wool hats should be outlawed in The South. No law abiding citizen needs a wool hat in a place that is never below 30* after 8 AM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toboggan

WiskyT
10-15-2010, 18:58
http://www.publicofficiala.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/rib-eye-steak.gif

Look! Pecan pie!

mdhandyman
10-15-2010, 19:00
Braggart. Yeah, but can you use one of these? :supergrin:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx308/Hogpauls/20750.jpg

It was in the mid 80's here and i can :cool:

GioaJack
10-15-2010, 19:09
Why do I get the feeling if we locked all you guys in a Safeway overnight you'd starve to death.

(Supposed to snow again Monday or Tuesday... RATS!)

Jack

Bob2223
10-15-2010, 19:22
(Supposed to snow again Monday or Tuesday... RATS!)

Jack

Then you'll need a,

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>toboggan cap </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>

noun

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>a close-fitting woolen cap; often has a tapering tail with a tassel [syn: ski cap (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ski+cap)] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/toboggan+cap?qsrc=2446

And your a diabetic so stick with that diet Pop

I tell ya some people dont know pie from steak. :upeyes:

Bob :supergrin:

WiskyT
10-15-2010, 19:33
Why don't we just let people who have no involvement in a particular item's use name them? For instance, we could let Russians define what a tortilla is. Mormons or Baptists would be allowed to decide what the word vodka means.

Dictionaries have become jokes. They invent words every year that aren't words at all and accept slang and incorrect usage of words on whims and to appear open minded.

Bob2223
10-15-2010, 19:52
Why don't we just let people who have no involvement in a particular item's use name them? For instance, we could let Russians define what a tortilla is. Mormons or Baptists would be allowed to decide what the word vodka means.

Dictionaries have become jokes. They invent words every year that aren't words at all and accept slang and incorrect usage of words on whims and to appear open minded.

It's been a toboggan around here for generations so has pop.

But yes I agree the dictionaries do have some crazy additions.

I was kinda glad to see "ain't" added just because I was always corrected for using that word also.

Ain't life great!

Bob :supergrin:

Sonnytoo
10-15-2010, 21:53
(Wives and girlfriends are easily replaceable. :whistling:)
Jack

Gosh, Jack, you were believable right up until this. Nothing could be more difficult to do correctly, and you don't know until years afterward.
Sonnytoo:wavey:

Glolt20-91
10-16-2010, 11:30
It was in the mid 80's here and i can :cool:

+1

Bob :cowboy:

myesque
10-16-2010, 14:14
77 here. Going fishing and not even thinking about snow for about 2-3 months. God bless TN!:tongueout: