Do kids amaze you nowdays?(tech related) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do kids amaze you nowdays?(tech related)

IndyGunFreak
10-12-2010, 18:27
I don't have kids, so maybe this is normal...

I was off tonight w/ no real plans, and my sister needed a sitter for her 8yr old. He comes over, I bring my laptop to the dining room, and he's playing with this Transformer he got yesterday. The thing is huge, and on the box, it says it is "complex" and has a Level 4 difficulty. So he's sitting on the floor messing w/ this Transformer for quite a while, and couldn't figure it out. Breaks out the instructions, and still can't figure it out. He then puts it down, and asks me if he can get on the computer. Since it's right in my line of sight, I tell him yeah. I thought he got agitated, and decided to take a break from the Transformer.

He gets on the computer, and 5min later, I hear a video on YouTube, and I look over, and he's YouTube searched this Transformer, and is watching a video on how to transform this thing...lol. So then he goes and gets the Transformer, and he's sitting at the desk changing this thing, while following the video.

Needless to say, after watching the video a few times, he had it down, got off the computer, and went back to playing on the floor....

IGF

GenX
10-12-2010, 18:35
Thats awesome! Kids are resourceful and underestimated. When I look at the math homework my 10 year old brings home, I'm at a loss.

Happy Hunting
10-12-2010, 18:51
As long as he didn't have to sit through a 30 second ad first...

IndyGunFreak
10-12-2010, 18:53
As long as he didn't have to sit through a 30 second ad first...

:rofl::rofl:

I didn't catch an Ad.. when I looked over, the thing was on screen so...

Those YT ads are enough to drive someone crazy.. I bet they are getting PAID though...

IGF