Mushy trigger break [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mushy trigger break

rlanesmith
10-12-2010, 19:37
I've worked on my trigger, polishing, etc. I've got a 3.5 lb pull, but a really mushy, for want of a better word, break. Instead of a crisp break, I've got 1/8" or so of Mush then it breaks. This is a Gen4 17 and has everything original except the trigger bar and connector. Same trigger spring, striker spring. I put the original trigger bar back on and it has a harsh, crunchy feel from the get go. I'll keep playing with it, but wondered if I'm overlooking something really obvious.

JR
10-13-2010, 21:06
Every trigger is different. Every part will generate a different feel in different guns. The Gen4 has a unique trigger bar. This may be the issue with your trigger feel.
Don’t get hung up on the 3.5 connector. You can actually make an 8lb connector smooth as glass. My advice is to start experimenting with other combinations. You have 3 connectors, 3 trigger springs, 3 striker springs... Not to mention trigger housings (LWD-UTS) strikers, firing pin safeties and more to play with. There is bound to be a combination in there somewhere!