m&p 15-22 sights? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : m&p 15-22 sights?

kooman
10-12-2010, 19:54
guys just wondering how good the factory sights are on this gun, mainly for just plinking for the kids (and the big kids too) thanks

tinman517
10-12-2010, 21:05
The factory 15-22 sights work great. Unless, you wish to have a different look or need to make room for an optics set-up, they will serve you well.

ScrappyDoo
10-12-2010, 21:54
I thought the factory sights were exceptional! I actually went on a bender upgrading and modding my 15-22 in July, and went all types of Magpul on it, and tried to completely deck out my only AR, and went with an all OD Green scheme with the exception of a camo pattern XTM rail cover section, and I used the MBUS.

I love the MBUS and the OD Green but no question those factory S&W Sights are really high(er) quality, I mean if I bought an AR and it was a flat top I would put those on they're that good.

Generalcarry
10-23-2010, 12:32
The original sights worked extremely well, so I removed rear sight and added a carry handle and that worked extremely well. Next I added an Air Force see through picatinny mount on the carry handle (so I can still use the iron sights) and added a holographic sight and that works extremely well. I'm waiting on a red/green dot that should arrive on Tuesday. Want to bet how that's probably work out?:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:
THAT is a fun gun!

Oh yeah, this is my wife's gun. I had to carry the sandbags for her at the club, so I bought her a bi-pod. The last time she was shooting I noticed she wanted to grab the magazine when firing so I bought her the 5 position fore-grip (so it would fold and fit in her case). All the extras were about $200.

fixer
10-26-2010, 01:07
the sights themselves are fine... basically atandard AR sights.

unfortuunately, the knob on the front sight blocks mounting a light at 10:00, so at the mement i have a G2 LED mounted at 9:00.

when i replace the sights with the Magpul MBUS or Daniel Defense A1.5s, then i can mount the light at 10:00... whci is better because in that position it can be operated ambi.

norton
11-08-2010, 18:33
I just picked up an M&P 15-22. I have an Eotech to mount on it, but may just try the irons first.

norton
11-11-2010, 18:34
I went ahead and mounted my Eotech. Fired about 200 rounds today, most of it Remington HP's. The owners manual doesn't recommend this bullet, but I only had about 5 FTF's.
Man this thing was just a blast to shoot. I went through all of the clay pigeons I had on hand. Had to shoot from 35 yards offhand, the rifle range was in use. I can see why the Marines prefer this sight. You can keep both eyes open while using it.

leathermarshmallow
11-26-2010, 16:20
My son has put 500 rounds of Remington crap through his. He now is on a box of Winchester ammo. The factory sights were very good. He wanted a variable scope on his and now can hit small objects at 100 yards with it fairly consistently. What a fun rifle! I am jealous. I want one, but I may buy the pistol version instead.

ScrappyDoo
11-26-2010, 17:27
I'm a CCI guy, love that ammo. I have ALL KINDS of .22LR in my ammo stash because, when SHTF I think more is better, variety is nice, etc. and I will buy deals, if I find a 333 or 525 or 437? whatever it is, I will buy if it's a good deal and stash it (Can always bamboozle my friends with it)

But I like and love CCI, it's my personal choice. I have NEVER HAD A SINGLE problem with my 15-22. Every shot is a sniper-shot, and it's a steady diet of CCI. Standard Velocity Round Nose, 500 round bricks 50rd boxes, 10 per, are the normal for it but Ihave begin to load up on Mini Mag packs. just more ex*****ve but they're perfect,

IMHO a S&W M&P 15-22 and Mini Mags makes it a damn combat rifle for noobs like me, if SHTF I would be patrolling with this and be comfortable sniping out everything. Just a great rifle etc.

Tucson_1
11-26-2010, 23:41
I purchased the MOE version and it came with the Magpul MBUS sights. Not only do they work well, but the were "dead on" from the factory.

ScrappyDoo
11-27-2010, 11:29
I purchased the MOE version and it came with the Magpul MBUS sights. Not only do they work well, but the were "dead on" from the factory.

In fact I noticed same thing, when installing my MBUS they were almost perfect. Then after painstakingly tuning my cheap NcStar D4B aka Sig Holosight, i realized after I flipped up the MBUS for CoWitness, the NCStar reticle appeared RIGHT WHERE it should be on/above the front post on the Mbus, Would have saved me a lot of time and valuable CCI ammo rounds :)