Any info/feedback on P226 Navy? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any info/feedback on P226 Navy?

ScrappyDoo
10-12-2010, 22:44
Hi All,

New here, I have a G23 in .40 S&W with a LWD 40-9 convo barrel, still planning on .357 SiG sometime...

Wondering what the deal with the P226 Navy by Sig Sauer... I really like it so far, I mean I like the looks and description of it on the net.

In NJ it is a PAIN IN THE ASSSSSSSSS to get a pistol permit so I may wind upo never getting one, but if I do, I want to make them count so while I regularly make impulse longgun buys, not handguns.

Any info or feedback? Is this "full sized" or "compact" like my G23 etc.?

Also the Sig site says it's 9MM but one website I saw sellin it said either 9mm, .40cal, or .357SIG... What would be the truth and what would be the one to get or at least pros/cons?

Thanks much for help in advance.

HAMMERHEAD
10-16-2010, 08:12
The Navy is only 9mm, it's a full size gun, internals are phosphate coated (oil is held in place better by phosphate in the presence of water) in case you need to go for a swim.
And it's got a neat little anchor laser engraved on the slide.
Mine was highly accurate and 100% reliable. Great ergonomics and a great single action trigger make it easy to with accurately.
Also the frames are made in Germany, not the U.S.
Two thumbs up.

bunk22
11-12-2010, 15:44
Good to know as I just ordered a P226 Navy yesterday. I'm a Navy pilot going on 18 years and on my last tour...thought this would make a sweet gift to myself. Going to have the Navy wings of gold engraved on it as well.

I held a P226 yesterday and it's a big weapon, maybe to big for CCW. I used my XD9sc right now.

ScrappyDoo
11-12-2010, 17:16
bunk I thank you for the report but I didn't consider it a CCW weapon at all. Actually truth be told being in Jersey I rarely consider the CCW factor because it's non exists here. I got the G23 for several reasons and I do definitely appreciate the fact that it's CCW'able and many people do in fact rely and recommend it for CCW but that really didn't factor the equation. (ANd to the geniuses who insist on posting this every time some one like me metions where we're from and/or our laws, I am not moving thanks tho.)

But this Sig seems to be an awesome gun just to have, to shoot at the range tc. and it looks to me like a "Combat" gun, I want to call it a "WARFIGHTING" gun it just looks badass. I see it and I see Bruce Willis as Lt Waters in Tears of the Sun bustin in and doing some Navy SEAL stuff with this and I think , "Hey if I get that gun that can be ME!!!!"

I have to end this reply now Its time for me to go practice my mall ninjitsu and taCtical flips with my S&W M&P 15-22.

:) C'mon that was funny lol

11-12-2010, 21:04
I like my 226, and carry it now and then. It is a great shooter. However, I get a lot more use out of my Glock 35. It is maybe not quiet as accurate as the Sig or as soft a shooting gun as the Sig, but it costs less, is easier to maintain, and easier to shoot well. Mags are cheaper as well.

bunk22
11-13-2010, 07:40
I like my 226, and carry it now and then. It is a great shooter. However, I get a lot more use out of my Glock 35. It is maybe not quiet as accurate as the Sig or as soft a shooting gun as the Sig, but it costs less, is easier to maintain, and easier to shoot well. Mags are cheaper as well.

There is something to be said for low maint guns. My XD and Beretta are low maint and have been perfect so far. My Kimber conceals better than either, is more accurate but a high maint gun. If the extractor isn't tuned just right, it has FTE. That's the most common issue with it. I would think the P226 isn't quite that maint intensive.

mesteve2
11-13-2010, 08:04
The answer is get a good belt and holster. Then ccw becomes
no problem!

Good luck.

Great gun!

I am pro Glock!

ottomatic
11-14-2010, 11:04
Hi All,

New here, I have a G23 in .40 S&W with a LWD 40-9 convo barrel, still planning on .357 SiG sometime...

Wondering what the deal with the P226 Navy by Sig Sauer... I really like it so far, I mean I like the looks and description of it on the net.

In NJ it is a PAIN IN THE ASSSSSSSSS to get a pistol permit so I may wind upo never getting one, but if I do, I want to make them count so while I regularly make impulse longgun buys, not handguns.

Any info or feedback? Is this "full sized" or "compact" like my G23 etc.?

Also the Sig site says it's 9MM but one website I saw sellin it said either 9mm, .40cal, or .357SIG... What would be the truth and what would be the one to get or at least pros/cons?

Thanks much for help in advance.

While the Navy model is 9mm, it is also available in 40 and 357 Sig. I love my 226 9mm!

Cobra64
11-15-2010, 02:39
The answer is get a good belt and holster. Then ccw becomes no problem!

Very true. I have never had an issue carrying my 41 ounce 226ST loaded with an 11 ounce magazine, and four additional mags in three day classes.

Carrying a pistol with the string in your sweat pants strung through a flimsy nylon holster isn't very effective. :rofl: