Look what FedEx brought me today... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Look what FedEx brought me today...

wrx04
10-13-2010, 18:11
After a few days wait, i finally got my 550 today! Just got done setting it up. Now the hard part is waiting for the bullets/brass/....AND GUN to show up. The brass and bullets should be here by Friday or Saturday.

My only .45, which i just bought new last week (STI Trojan), had to go back to the factory because the barrel bushing was SO tight i couldnt get it to move. They received it yesterday, so hopefully they get it back to me quick. I'm dying to try it, especially with ammo that i made.

I didnt reload a single round yet, but i think i'm already addicted:supergrin:

Here are a few pics...
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2465/img1096f.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9652/img1097fa.jpg

XDRoX
10-13-2010, 18:22
Congrats. The 550b is a workhorse, you'll love it.

Bello
10-13-2010, 18:27
sweet lets all go to his house and have a pizza/reloading party in the BATHROOM!

RustyFN
10-13-2010, 18:30
sweet lets all go to his house and have a pizza/reloading party in the BATHROOM!

I'll bring the beer. :cheers:

wrx04
10-13-2010, 18:37
:rofl:

The blue matches the baby poop yellow nicely, doesnt it?

Boxerglocker
10-13-2010, 18:42
Congrats :supergrin:

Bob2223
10-13-2010, 18:43
Congrats on your press !

Bob

shotgunred
10-13-2010, 18:47
Now for the hard part. Waiting!

ColdShot
10-13-2010, 19:07
looking good.......I hope that table you have mounted to it is screwed to the floor
or wall,she'll be a rockin if not

wrx04
10-13-2010, 19:19
looking good.......I hope that table you have mounted to it is screwed to the floor
or wall,she'll be a rockin if not

Actually, its not. The whole setup is a lot heavier than it looks. I pulled the handle with the force i would when reloading, and there was zero movement. If it needs to be anchored i will do it, but i dont suspect i will have problems.

ColdShot
10-13-2010, 19:25
Actually, its not. The whole setup is a lot heavier than it looks. I pulled the handle with the force i would when reloading, and there was zero movement. If it needs to be anchored i will do it, but i dont suspect i will have problems.

Cool,I went from a lee turret press to the 550 a just few weeks ago
Night and day difference in bench requirments !
With 4 cases all being pushed up and down at the same time it needs some ARM
I had to add a bunch of reenforcement everywhere - now I think I can lay an engine block on my bench ....good luck

GioaJack
10-13-2010, 20:08
Wait for a repair, screw that, go buy another gun tomorrow! What's the worst that's going to happen, you'll end up with two... for now. You'll be at fifty before you know it. (Of course you're going to loose half of those in your first divorce. :whistling:)

Jack

wrx04
10-13-2010, 20:22
Wait for a repair, screw that, go buy another gun tomorrow! What's the worst that's going to happen, you'll end up with two... for now. You'll be at fifty before you know it. (Of course you're going to loose half of those in your first divorce. :whistling:)

Jack

I like your style. I should go buy another gun, but the woman is pressing me for a ring.....gotta start saving for that BS. I'll make sure i keep a little stash on the side for guns....and make some *arrangements* to protect myself from the first divorce:supergrin:

PCJim
10-13-2010, 21:22
Wrx, I'm going to save your ***** by making sure your lafy friend knows that BS refers to beautiful stone. You owe me one!

ron59
10-14-2010, 06:59
The only "bad" thing I can see about your setup is your table.... looks like you will HAVE to reload standing up, only?

I actually do most of mine sitting, on a tall bar stool. I can put my feet on the rungs of the stool, or I can put them on the bottom shelf of my bench. Or, I can load standing (my bench is pretty tall). Don't think I'd like to *always* have to load standing...

But, all in all... that's a minor issue. You're going to love that press, I have something like 24,000 though mine (all 9mm) that I just got setup July of '09.

fudd
10-14-2010, 08:13
If you are going to load in the bathroom, the Dillon is the correct tool. I used to have the same shower curtain. j/k about having the same shower curtain.

GioaJack
10-14-2010, 09:01
Congrats. The 550b is a workhorse, you'll love it.

Why does that cabinet look like something you'd see in a doctor's office? I recognize it 'cause I'm an amateur gynecologist.

(Everyone needs a hobby. :supergrin:)

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
10-14-2010, 11:40
The only "bad" thing I can see about your setup is your table.... looks like you will HAVE to reload standing up, only?

I actually do most of mine sitting, on a tall bar stool. I can put my feet on the rungs of the stool, or I can put them on the bottom shelf of my bench. Or, I can load standing (my bench is pretty tall). Don't think I'd like to *always* have to load standing...

But, all in all... that's a minor issue. You're going to love that press, I have something like 24,000 though mine (all 9mm) that I just got setup July of '09.

We have had a rash of people building bench's like that lately. Even seated setups that have no room for your legs. If he decides he wants a tall bench that would allow a press there are several very simply ways to mount a press up high and still have room for his legs.

I load standing only. I don't mind doing it. I actually prefer it.

fredj338
10-14-2010, 11:49
We have had a rash of people building bench's like that lately. Even seated setups that have no room for your legs. If he decides he wants a tall bench that would allow a press there are several very simply ways to mount a press up high and still have room for his legs.

I load standing only. I don't mind doing it. I actually prefer it.
I have to agree. I tried sitting, it puts me too low to see in the case or too high for comfortable pulling the handle. So I load standing. I rarely load for more than an hour at a time, 400-500rds/hr is plenty of volumn for any shooting I need to do.

MrOldLude
10-14-2010, 12:45
Ah, nostalgia. It reminds me of my younger days when I didn't know how to resize images either.

BigEd
10-14-2010, 12:48

Not only can he unload in the bathroom, but he can also reload!

wrx04
10-14-2010, 13:14
Ah, nostalgia. It reminds me of my younger days when I didn't know how to resize images either.

Haha. Resize? I cant even figure out how to post the things either....or do i have to resize them to post them:dunno:. I'm retarded when it comes to computers.

Bello
10-14-2010, 14:30
wait wait wait.. i just actually read your post lol! your ordered your press and still dont have the gun yet lols thats funnier then the bathroom setup! your awesome if you lived in jersey we be bestys