Bad news, bad news, bad news... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bad news, bad news, bad news...

GioaJack
10-13-2010, 20:01
for you mercenary bloodsuckers! Turns out I'm going to be around a while longer so none of ya get a shot at any of my equipment.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I didn't care what the prognosis was going to be, there was no way in the world I was going to let you flock of vultures harass my daughter and SIL in hopes of scoring all of my equipment for close to free. In anticipation of less than desirable news I added a codicil to my will last night directing my daughter to buy a boat and use the 1050 as an anchor. The LNL's were to be donated to a museum to be placed on display as the actual machines used by the 'Incredible Jackie-Bob'. The admittance fees from the throngs of admirers would have kept them living the high life for at least the next seventy years. Alas, my cautious last minute instructions were unneeded.

I arrived at the designated medical facility at the appointed time and after pre-procedure preparations met with the cardiologist. He explained what was to be done and the array of possible findings. To his credit he was very well versed with my rather unique, (not to be confused with the powder) medical condition. It was at this point that things got a little dicey.

It seems that a certain percentage of patients can't be helped with stents or medications but rather require a bypass, at times multiple bypasses. He explained that due to my 86% bone loss from my cancer the option of cutting through ribs and then expecting them to actually heal or even the chance of making it out of the operation are somewhere between low and non-existent. I just love being a challenge... makes me feel important. :supergrin:

The procedure went off with out a hitch. As I am wont to do I tried to make sure the doctor and the nurses had a good time and enjoyed themselves while they went about their medical duties. What ever it was they gave me I certainly hope they had as good of a time as I did.

At the conclusion of the procedure the doctor was pretty much mumbling to himself. 40 years of smoking, 3 pounds of bacon for breakfast every morning along with a dozen eggs, butter slathered toast all washed down with a half gallon of milk and the poor guy couldn't find one arterial blockage. (Heh, heh, heh.) Turns out there's minor damage to the heart but three divorces will do that to ya so it was no surprise.

In the end the best medical guess is that my event was caused by a combination of my diabetes and cancer... neither of which I can do a whole lot about other than to try and control them as much as possible. The doctor did leave me with one piece of excellent medical advise however; he asked me if I remembered what I had done just before my attack. I told him of course I did, I was pushing a heavy box up a set of stairs... he told me not to do it again. Doctors, ya gotta love 'em.

(Wonder if that means I can't buy any more 1050's? How will I ever catch up to Hozer? :dunno:

Jack

Hoser
10-13-2010, 20:06
Wonder if that means I can't buy any more 1050's? How will I ever catch up to Hozer?

I pushed mine down the stairs. Silly old man. Didnt you learn anything in these past 90-100 years?

bballer182
10-13-2010, 20:09
Good to hear the prognosis is good Jack!

Colorado4Wheel
10-13-2010, 20:20
Some poor delivery person carries a big box downstairs and we get a lifetime of stories. No idea why it would go downstairs (been to his place). Glad your a version of OK again. You still feeling tired?

DoctaGlockta
10-13-2010, 20:24
Good news Jack. Thanks for the update.

WiskyT
10-13-2010, 20:37
So no blockage? I got a non-refundable roundtrip ticket for nothing. What some people won't do for attention! I hope you choke on your bacon and eggs you sadistic little prick!

GioaJack
10-13-2010, 20:45
Some poor delivery person carries a big box downstairs and we get a lifetime of stories. No idea why it would go downstairs (been to his place). Glad your a version of OK again. You still feeling tired?

UPS knows to deliver around back to avoid the stairs. If my UPS sweetie had still been working she would have not only brought it in but helped me set it up. Fed Ex doesn't deliver often so they're not familiar with the basic procedure.

Gotta stay on oxygen for a few weeks but I'm going to finish setting up the 1050 tomorrow. Doctor says I can shoot Sunday as long as I don't move around too much. Maybe I'll just take the Kimber down to the 200 yard range. :whistling:

Jack

GioaJack
10-13-2010, 20:47
So no blockage? I got a non-refundable roundtrip ticket for nothing. What some people won't do for attention! I hope you choke on your bacon and eggs you sadistic little prick!

Going through all this was worth it just to piss you off. I feel like I've been productive. :supergrin:

Jack

Bob2223
10-13-2010, 20:50
Well thats good news Sir !
3 lbs of dead hog a day ? :faint:

Bob :supergrin:

PCJim
10-13-2010, 21:18
Good news there Jack. Guess your daughter will make sure you start eating turkey bacon or worse, that tofu crap.

Looking forward to many, many more humorous posts.

shotgunred
10-14-2010, 04:45
Good to here!

Maybe you should take it a little easy and only take that kimber to the 100 yard line to save a little walking.

Big Bore Fan
10-14-2010, 07:09
Thats good news Jack. There's nothing better than bacon,eggs, and butter. yumm.:supergrin:

fudd
10-14-2010, 08:09
(Wonder if that means I can't buy any more 1050's? How will I ever catch up to Hozer? :dunno:

Jack

More 1050's? How many boats do you own?

Bello
10-14-2010, 14:33
i got dibs on the tom sellek shirt

n2extrm
10-14-2010, 17:51
Glad to hear you are doing well!

dudel
10-16-2010, 01:51
Great news Jack. Keep them Docs guessing.

Starbits
10-17-2010, 17:54
He explained that due to my 86% bone loss

That must make you second cousin to a jellyfish.

Glad to hear it was a Dillon problem and not the bacon.

Starbits