DVD is not readable ... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DVD is not readable ...

Green_Manelishi
10-14-2010, 09:21
Installing some software last night the installation DVD was not readable; other DVDs are readable, that one ... not. I tried several times. No dice.
That same DVD is readable by a different 'puter. So I shared the drive and installed the software.

Any idea why one, of the many I have, was/is not readable? I can't even open it via MicroSauce Windoze Exploiter. The 'puter "thinks" for a while then insists I insert a DVD.

GIockGuy24
10-14-2010, 09:34
Is it a DVD-R / DVD-RW? Some of those can be brand name or type compatible with some drives and not work in other drives. Then there's the whole DVD-R / DVD+R difference as well as other types of DVD's. If it's factory software install DVD it may be the drive is a bit off or pickyabout certain DVD's. If the laser is slightly out of alignment sometimes they'll read some VD's and won't read others.

Green_Manelishi
10-14-2010, 11:53
Is it a DVD-R / DVD-RW? Some of those can be brand name or type compatible with some drives and not work in other drives. Then there's the whole DVD-R / DVD+R difference as well as other types of DVD's. If it's factory software install DVD it may be the drive is a bit off or pickyabout certain DVD's. If the laser is slightly out of alignment sometimes they'll read some VD's and won't read others.

Factory install DVD ... HP. Ahhhhhhh, the DVD reader on the HP/Compaq laptop read it, but the Asus was not allowed to play.