Holster sizing... HELP! (EMP/SA Pro) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holster sizing... HELP! (EMP/SA Pro)

Cochese
10-14-2010, 22:58
Hey guys...

I'm trying to pick up a couple of Kaluban Cloak holsters, specifically for my SA Pro (9mm) with a Surefire X300 and a DG switch, another for my EMP, and a double mag holder.

Holster is one of these (but the 1911 version.)

http://calsentllc.com/publishImages/page04~~element53.jpg

http://calsentllc.com/KalubanCloak.html

The problem is, he is asking if my EMP is the same size as a SA Micro Compact (for mold purposes). Does anyone know what the difference is, if any?

I have a feeling he is going to have to source a local EMP for my mold.

Next problem, is mags.

His molds are off of "milspec" .45 ACP 1911 magazines. I need my mag holder to work for EMP and Wilson ETM 10 rounder 9mm single stack magazines.

How far off are the .45 and 9mm mags?

What would you guys do? Here is his message:

I got this one sir.

I can make these holsters.

We mold from regular milspec type 1911 mags. Could you please tell me, if the mags you use are the same dimensions?

It is hard to cover all kinds of options on the 1911 platform.

I really want to get these ordered but I REALLY don't want to have to send them back when they don't fit.

Thanks!

Quack
10-15-2010, 00:21
The EMP (Enhanced Micro Pistol) is a Micro size. It might be slightly narrower, but you man adjust the kydex if its too loose.
9mm mags are the same size as 45.
EMP mags are slightly smaller, so it'll be a little loose in the mag holder.

Cochese
10-15-2010, 00:30
The EMP (Enhanced Micro Pistol) is a Micro size. It might be slightly narrower, but you man adjust the kydex if its too loose.
9mm mags are the same size as 45.
EMP mags are slightly smaller, so it'll be a little loose in the mag holder.

Dammit!

I don't know how much, if any, adjustment will be afforded by this particular holster. I better ask him to go scare up an EMP to mold off of.

andy4731
10-15-2010, 18:34
Dammit!

I don't know how much, if any, adjustment will be afforded by this particular holster. I better ask him to go scare up an EMP to mold off of.

Why not send him one of you EMP mags to mold?

Cochese
10-15-2010, 18:40
Why not send him one of you EMP mags to mold?

That's a good idea. Im still worried about he EMP holster and the difference with a Micro Compact.

Hmmm.

Quack
10-15-2010, 18:55
That's a good idea. Im still worried about he EMP holster and the difference with a Micro Compact.

Hmmm.

not much difference. i'll check the width with a caliper tomorrow.
the smaller size of the EMP is from the grip frame back.

Eyescream
10-15-2010, 19:36
not much difference. i'll check the width with a caliper tomorrow.
the smaller size of the EMP is from the grip frame back.

In that case it shouldn't really be an issue at all.

Quack
10-16-2010, 14:32
just looked and the EMP slide and standard slides are ~.92" wide, so you are GTG with a holster that is Micro sized.