DVD from zone2 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DVD from zone2

RWBlue
10-16-2010, 10:44
I have a DVD of Mad Max, but it will not play on my DVD player. I believe in the USA we are Zone1 and this DVD is zone2.

What are my options?

Sgt. Schultz
10-16-2010, 15:27
I have a DVD of Mad Max, but it will not play on my DVD player. I believe in the USA we are Zone1 and this DVD is zone2.

What are my options?

As I see it you have three options ...

... buy a multi region DVD player.
... buy a copy of the movie from that's from your region.
... rip the DVD and make it region free, then burn a new copy.

RWBlue
10-16-2010, 18:16
As I see it you have three options ...

... buy a multi region DVD player.
... buy a copy of the movie from that's from your region.
... rip the DVD and make it region free, then burn a new copy.

You cam to the same conclusion as me, but....
I don't believe they make multii region DVD player, do they?

Buying a new one is probably the only option?

Talk to me more about this. It looks like I could change the player to that zone, but I can only do it a limited amount of times. I have Roxio Ultimate 2009.

Sgt. Schultz
10-16-2010, 18:28
You cam to the same conclusion as me, but....
I don't believe they make multii region DVD player, do they?

Buying a new one is probably the only option?

Talk to me more about this. It looks like I could change the player to that zone, but I can only do it a limited amount of times. I have Roxio Ultimate 2009. I used Google to find my Pioneer DV-383 several years ago, there many different makes and models available ... give Google a try.

Ogreon
10-18-2010, 13:36
There are a number of DVD players, some very inexpensive, which can be made to be multi-regional by entering a simple code with the remote. There are some companies which sell foreign DVDs and will also sell you a multi-region player.

grokdesigns
10-20-2010, 13:03
I would look up the model number of your DVD player online (or post it here). Many have button sequences or codes to unlock features like changing the region.

Cali-Glock
10-20-2010, 23:16
Use Google to search for unlock codes to turn your current DVD Player into a universal (any zone) DVD Player.

I have done this several times for my DVDs.

My wife buy's British programs which are not available here, and I have succumbed to buying programs overseas which were released many months earlier in Australia than available here.

emopunker2004
10-21-2010, 00:20
http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html