Need help with EMP ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with EMP ammo

ccbricker
10-16-2010, 20:25
Earlier this year I traded for a Springfield EMP 9mm but never had a chance to range fire it until now. First, with Winchester FMJ it is super accurate for me. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it handled. The problem comes in with hollow points. I tried both Hyrda Shock and Gold Dots but both of them just nose into the feed ramp and stay there. It will not feed the first round. This happened exactly the same with all three stock magazines. The feed ramp probably could use a polishing but does not look bad.

I was hoping some of the EMP owners on here have experienced this and found the magic HP ammo that will feed reliably. My daily carry is a Kimber Ultra CDP II that I love but the EMP may knock it out of the holster if I can get this resolved.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quack
10-16-2010, 20:53
Is the serial number below 4000?
There were issues with the feed ramp.
My EMP feeds 124gr +p just fine.
Call Springfield and they'll fix it.

ccbricker
10-16-2010, 21:43
It has a serial number just over 3000. Off to Genesco it goes. Thanks for the reply.

slick64
10-26-2010, 15:32
Mine is a later version. I broke it in with 500rds of WWB, then tried every SD round I could get my hands on. Never had an issue with any of them. Only hiccup was one time at the range it got a little dry and started acting up. I keep it well oiled and never had a repeat issue.

Its an amazing little piece.