RCBS 750 Scale Help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RCBS 750 Scale Help

TennGlocker
10-16-2010, 21:22
I plugged in my 750 this evening and proceeded to calibrate it. Well when I push the cal button it turns the scale off. Just like when you use the on/off button. When I push the cal button the screen says off and it shuts off. I haven't used it in a few months but it was working fine last time. Its plugged into the same outlet that it normally is. Any ideas? Appreciate it.

Also, I've had it longer than a year. The manual says 1 year warranty. Any chance RCBS sends me a new one if I can't get it working? I don't have any experience with their customer service.

WiskyT
10-16-2010, 21:33
It's a common problem with that scale judging by the reviews of it on the MidwayUSA. RCBS is excellent regarding warranty issues. Hopefully since it's such a common problem they will take care of it.

M1A Shooter
10-16-2010, 22:42
good to know. ive had mine for a couple years with no issues. been sitting out in my garage in the heat and cold. now that ive moved it into my office, im sure it will die.

TennGlocker
10-16-2010, 22:53
Ok thanks. I'll contact them

TennGlocker
10-20-2010, 12:38
UPDATE:
I emailed RCBS and got the following response:
Hi, if the unit is less than 1 yr old the repair is free if older than 1
yr the charge is $35 send unit to RCBS 605 Oro Dam Blvd Oroville Ca
95965 along with a note with your name and address and a brief
description of the issue you are having and a check made out to RCBS if
needed.

Thank you,

Technical Services/cm
ATK/RCBS Operation
(800) 533-5000

Not being satisfied with that answer I decided to call today. The gentleman I spoke with was very friendly and polite. However, he gave me the same response even after I told him that this seemed to be a known issue with these scales. So basically I'm going to send them the scale back along with $35. He told me they would send a new scale back to me and my 1 year warranty would start over again.

IndyGunFreak
10-20-2010, 16:11
UPDATE:
I emailed RCBS and got the following response:
Hi, if the unit is less than 1 yr old the repair is free if older than 1
yr the charge is $35 send unit to RCBS 605 Oro Dam Blvd Oroville Ca
95965 along with a note with your name and address and a brief
description of the issue you are having and a check made out to RCBS if
needed.

Thank you,

Technical Services/cm
ATK/RCBS Operation
(800) 533-5000

Not being satisfied with that answer I decided to call today. The gentleman I spoke with was very friendly and polite. However, he gave me the same response even after I told him that this seemed to be a known issue with these scales. So basically I'm going to send them the scale back along with $35. He told me they would send a new scale back to me and my 1 year warranty would start over again.

Honestly, sounds pretty fair to me... I'm not sure why you wouldn't be satisfied.

Glad you're getting it resolved.

WiskyT
10-20-2010, 16:37
Honestly, sounds pretty fair to me... I'm not sure why you wouldn't be satisfied.

Glad you're getting it resolved.

I don't know, I'd be annoyed if my scale didn't last longer. He paid good money for a brand name and expected better than a harbor freight cheapy. Maybe he should call back again and ask if they could swap him out a 505 for the same $35.00.

TennGlocker
10-20-2010, 16:45
I'm upset because, even though I've had it almost 2 years, it has only been used a handful of times. I expected it to last quite a bit longer than it did. Also since it seems that the 750 has problems with this exact issue, they would stand behind their product. All in all $35 isn't bad for a brand new scale. I just hope whatever the issue is, it has been resolved and I don't experience it with the new one.

GioaJack
10-20-2010, 17:10
Just break the damn thing every eleven months... you'll have a brand new scale for the rest of your life for only $35 a year. (Eventually they'll stop producing that one and send you an upgraded model.)

Jack

IndyGunFreak
10-20-2010, 17:24
I'm upset because, even though I've had it almost 2 years, it has only been used a handful of times. I expected it to last quite a bit longer than it did. Also since it seems that the 750 has problems with this exact issue, they would stand behind their product. All in all $35 isn't bad for a brand new scale. I just hope whatever the issue is, it has been resolved and I don't experience it with the new one.

It would seem they did address the the issue.. they gave you a $100 scale for $35 dollars. I guess we just see this differently. Probably a good reason to invest in a quality beam anyway. :)

Dodge Intrepids have legendary transmission problems...Mine was fine till almost 180k miles when it went out.. I didn't expect Dodge to replace it, even though transmission problems on that model were very well known.

IGF

WiskyT
10-20-2010, 17:30
It would seem they did address the the issue.. they gave you a $100 scale for $35 dollars. I guess we just see this differently. Probably a good reason to invest in a quality beam anyway. :)

Dodge Intrepids have legendary transmission problems...Mine was fine till almost 180k miles when it went out.. I didn't expect Dodge to replace it, even though transmission problems on that model were very well known.

IGF

Chrysler is out of business. Technically, you're right, one year warranty and two year old scale. But in terms of good will, they could have comp'd him a scale. I think most people expect that scale to last many years, not two.

M1A Shooter
10-20-2010, 17:33
thats the tricky thing about warranties. im glad they didnt tell you to stick it and buy another $100 scale. sounds more than fair to me.

IndyGunFreak
10-20-2010, 17:43
Chrysler is out of business. Technically, you're right, one year warranty and two year old scale. But in terms of good will, they could have comp'd him a scale. I think most people expect that scale to last many years, not two.

I was using my Dodge as an example, that happened to me in 07, long before they went out of business. When I talked to the mechanic though when it happened, he told me to go to a junkyard, and it will be full of Intrepids w/ bad tranny's.... I actually already knew that was true because I'd used junkyards to get windshields, etc.. over the years. When I'd tell the guy at the junkyard what I was looking for he'd immediately say "None of them have good transmissions".

TennGlocker
10-20-2010, 19:33
Just break the damn thing every eleven months... you'll have a brand new scale for the rest of your life for only $35 a year. (Eventually they'll stop producing that one and send you an upgraded model.)

Jack

I like your style!

I know its not that terrible of a deal. I just thought I was getting a quality scale. I didn't expect it to crap out so soon. I figured with others having the same issues, they'd go ahead and send a new one. Its literally been used about 2-3 hours total. I plan to send it back this week. I'll keep y'all posted.