my pro carry 2 expeirence [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : my pro carry 2 expeirence

woodrowNC
10-16-2010, 21:31
traded an original pro carry that was perfect in every way for a m8400 kimber in 30/06 and added a varx111. awesome rifle. yr or two later got another pro carry 11. wouldn't feed ball. lacked about .250 from locking up into battery. sent it back, kimber adjusted the extractor and said all was well. it never made it thru one mag. same prob. sent it back. this time kimber determined my slide was so out of spec., they changed the slide. sent it back. same problem. i also noticed the chamber looked like it was cut with a spade drill. read and article by 1911tuner about a three point jam. being a machinist, i carried the barrel to work, put it in an optical comparator and moved the link thru the motion. a perfect circle all the way thru. never touched the bottom lug. i blued the lug, cycled the action, and not one mark. so it's riding the link. talked to John at wilson combat and he agreed that was probably my problem. give me a block of metal and a blueprint and i'll make anything you want, but i've never fitted the bottom feet of a barrel. i could try a shorter link, reream the chamber, of let John fit a new barrel for 300. what would you suggest. i'm not a kimber hater, but i don't care for their customer service.

thanks

ArmoryDoc
10-16-2010, 21:37
Keep sending it back until they get it right. No excuses for their poor performance.

dakrat
10-16-2010, 22:52
Keep sending it back until they get it right. No excuses for their poor performance.

+1. its funny how its a different problem everytime.

kirgi08
10-17-2010, 01:40
I don't believe I'll ever buy a series II,my wife bought me a S2 raptor and it's run great.However the horror stories I've heard about most S2s have turned me off of buying a "new" Kimber.I'd like ta get a CBOB as my next 1911.'08.

woodrowNC
10-17-2010, 02:44
+1. its funny how its a different problem everytime.

my thoughts exactly. how did it go from a simple ex. adjustment to a slide so far out of spec. it had to to be changed. i don't think it was ever examined the first time.

samuse
10-17-2010, 20:13
I'd just get rid of it.

woodrowNC
10-18-2010, 21:49
I'd just get rid of it.

i can't in good conscience sell it to someone who may shoot it twice, top off the mag and call it good to go. so i'm sending it to wilsons, have a barrel fitted and i'm sure i wont get it back until it runs 100%.

rsxr22
10-18-2010, 21:58
Wilson will definitely get it running right.