Winchester 00bk Value paks at Wallyworld [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 00bk Value paks at Wallyworld

Ferdinandd
10-18-2010, 21:11
I saw an empty shelf above the price sticker for $9.97 for a box of 15 2.75 inch 9x00bk at the WW near work today. That's about the best price I've seen for factory 00bk in a while. They reordered and told me to come back on Friday. I've been lazy and not loading my own BK lately and might wipe the shelf clean.

Anyone finding it cheaper elsewhere?

Z71bill
10-19-2010, 06:51
Hard to beat Walmart -

Every year my Walmart puts 100 round value packs (12&20 gauge) of bird shot on sale - normally around $22 - they drop them to $15

So I load up the cart - this was 2 weeks ago - price is back up to $22 now.

They also have a screaming everyday bargain on Winchester slugs $8.97 / 15

ScrappyDoo
10-19-2010, 16:46
Same thing for me, I have a Walmart by the indoor range I go to in PA and exactly that, they have great prices and lots of ammo but its different stock each time... the Winchester 00 Buck 15 packs were only 1 or 2 left but they had plenty of slug packs.

They did have some great deals on 100 packs of Remington pistol ammo, in both 9 and 40 cal, I actually got $30 or so 100 packs of 40 cal hollowpoints which is good for around here in Jersey. and they had great deals on value bulk pack birdshots in Remington, Federal, Winchester, etc.

GAFinch
10-19-2010, 17:23
Walmart really has the buckshot and slug market cornered. Every other store here, big chain stores included, has them for $15, if they even have value packs. If you order a case online (250 rounds), it only comes out to a $10 savings over Walmart, tax included.

Ferdinandd
10-19-2010, 17:59
GAFinch - I need to do some shopping online for BK. I've seen deals on the green/black 00bk from a Police Supply place - can't recall the name. I need to check my regulars - Natchez, MidSouth, etc...

dc2integra
10-20-2010, 19:47
walmart is were i pick up all of my ammo .They actually have that same value pack for 8.97$ at my local walmart.

jamaicanj
10-22-2010, 04:02
Thanks for the heads up as I had not looked recently.

CBennett
10-22-2010, 06:35
Im gonna have to try this out I need to restock some buckshot.

ScrappyDoo
10-22-2010, 07:50
I just checked a receipt, in addition to shotgun deals (as I mentioned they had a TON of 100 pk birdshot value deals, in every brand of your choosing) I got some Federal 9mm FMJ's for cheap shooting through the 40-9 for $10.47 and awesome deal on CCI Mini Mag 100rd packs, $6.47 ... The best price you could find any of those CCI packs online seems(ed) to be $7/100 IF you buy 5 packs, plus then you pay the shipping. Walmart doesn't sell ammo in Jersey so I hadn't experienced it but then when I finally realized there was a Walmart a mile from the range I shoot at, I couldn't believe the cheap prices.

And I'm of the opinion, others may not be but I am, that I'd love to have plenty of 00 Buck and Slugs on hand and fancy CCI ammo, 40 S&W for the G23, etc. BUT they're expensive and it's not really reasonable to have a huge store of Hornady TAP 00 Buck and Mini Mags for SHTF and/or shooting on Saturdays to punch holes in paper and make booms. But Walmart makes it a lot easier to load up on things like general shotgun "birdshot" or "target loads" and bricks/value packs/whathaveyou of .22LR , cheap 9mm for shooting etc. because if necessary they will go boom just the same and at some point you have to figure, it's just good to have the rounds if you need them. And when a friend wants to shoot or maybe I don't want to spend money on ammo for a range trip, it''s no problem to blast through a shotgun value back or a 500 rd .22LR pack / 9mm target shots, and just have some cheap(er) fun.