CCW and Carrying while pregnant [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW and Carrying while pregnant

JeepnGrl99
10-19-2010, 08:48
For any of the pregnant women, how/what do you carry? I'm trying to find a good spot to carry, however most of the problem is my pants aren't "right" enough for the MIC (It needs a belt which most of my maternity pants do not have) that I usually use, the belly band rubs me literally the wrong way, and if I use a holster it feels like everyone can see it. I'm almost 19 weeks now and starting to show.

Clay1
10-19-2010, 08:57
While I really don't have much to add for a solution, I like that you are asking a solid question so consider this a bump to the top on a serious question. You are a little more vulnerable while in this condition and it is wise to carry. My first thought would be a specific purse for the application like one of the Galcos: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?ProductID=1777&CatalogID=150 You can find them on Ebay at a reduced cost vs buying at retail.

Will be interesting to see what others suggest. While my daughter isn't old enough to make babies, just yet, it's not far away and Daddy would like to have some thoughts on this before I need to make a suggestion. Also my oldest son and his wife are expecting and this would also be useful, so the conversation interests me.

Good luck finding the right answer for you.

Rick

LilWolfess
10-19-2010, 09:52
My brother, 280z pointed out a purse sort of thing from the TV show Burn Notice. It was like a fanny pack (except far less ugly) that was worn sideways on the hip instead of the front or back.

While I absolutely dislike the idea of purse carry, this seems like it might be your best option? Or perhaps you could use a pocket .380 such as a Ruger LCP or Keltec P3AT?

JeepnGrl99
10-20-2010, 07:59
Hmm, I'm not too hip on purse/jacket carry, as I'd have my purse by my desk at work, and IMO think it would be a little weird to carry it with me at all times. Same thing with jacket (most likely they'd turn up the temp and I'd be getting sick from it being too hot!). I'll look into the Ruger and Keltec though, thanks :)

ancient_serpent
10-20-2010, 08:04
Thought about this for a while, would pocket carry work ok? With a small gun such as a Keltec .32 or .380, I think it would work, given maternity pants with large pockets (and of course, a pocket holster).

lajones
10-28-2010, 05:24
Congrats on the baby!!!

I have a Kahr PM9 that I carry in a Galco ankle glove. This setup works well for me, but it would depend on the maternity pants...mine had plenty of room at the ankles.

RottnJP
10-28-2010, 11:28
Congrats on the baby!!!

I have a Kahr PM9 that I carry in a Galco ankle glove. This setup works well for me, but it would depend on the maternity pants...mine had plenty of room at the ankles.

Curious- Have you tried/practiced drawing? I would think your passenger would object to that aspect of things. I'm sure you're aware, but not everyone may realize that an ankle holster is normally worn on your weak side, inside the ankle. I could see that being really hard to draw from as you get larger. Unless maybe your pant legs are loose enough to wear it on the outside of your strong side ankle?

Interesting question. Small of the back might work, as long as the pistol is light enough to be supported by the waistband. Otherwise I think a pocket pistol is your winner.