Maybe a Dumb Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a Dumb Question

Gunnersmate4
10-19-2010, 18:08
Alright so I have a Kimber Pro Carry II. I love the gun and it shoots straight. Although I picked up a Citadel 1911 compact this weekend at a local gun store. I absolutely loved it, It fit my hand better and felt like it was made for my hand. My wife won't let me save money for the Citadel because she wants us to save money for Christmas and savings. My question, is it worth it to sell or trade the Kimber for the Citadel? I'd really think I may regret it later on, but I really want the Citadel. Please help me out here with some advice. Thanks.

bac1023
10-19-2010, 18:12
No way

Hokie1911
10-19-2010, 18:16
Alright so I have a Kimber Pro Carry II. I love the gun and it shoots straight. Although I picked up a Citadel 1911 compact this weekend at a local gun store. I absolutely loved it, It fit my hand better and felt like it was made for my hand. My wife won't let me save money for the Citadel because she wants us to save money for Christmas and savings. My question, is it worth it to sell or trade the Kimber for the Citadel? I'd really think I will regret it later on, but I really want the Citadel. Please help me out here with some advice. Thanks.

Fixed it for ya. :thumbsup:

Cerebrus
10-19-2010, 18:17
Citadels are easy to come by.. wait until after Xmas and just buy one.. keep the Kimber

Jason D
10-19-2010, 18:27
Step away from the bong dude.

bac1023
10-19-2010, 18:38
Step away from the bong dude.

:animlol:

Jason D
10-19-2010, 19:05
I kind of feel bad for the snarky comment.

One one hand I feel that you should buy whatever you're comfortable with.
On the other, I can't see trading a Kimber for a lesser gun.

Waiting until after Christmas to buy what you want and keeping the Kimber is the best advice.

Gunnersmate4
10-19-2010, 19:25
Yeah, That's what I thought you folks were gonna say. I just feel that I'll carry the Citadel more with the smaller frame and I can always save up for another Kimber that's brand new. I bought the one I have now used. It's in good shape but I really want the Citadel as soon as I can get it? Does that make sense to anybody?

Quack
10-19-2010, 19:29
it makes sense to a degree. while the Citadel is a good gun, the Kimber would be a better fit gun though.

bac1023
10-19-2010, 19:30
Yeah, That's what I thought you folks were gonna say. I just feel that I'll carry the Citadel more with the smaller frame and I can always save up for another Kimber that's brand new. I bought the one I have now used. It's in good shape but I really want the Citadel as soon as I can get it? Does that make sense to anybody?

Yeah, but why trade a better 1911 for a cheaper gun?

I like Filipino 1911s, but its not a Kimber. I'd wait it out.

knedrgr
10-19-2010, 19:31
I like Filipino 1911s...

Those Filipinos are shady MoFo. :whistling: :rofl:

Quack
10-19-2010, 19:38
yeah, making people spend money on guns and stuff :whistling: :animlol:

bac1023
10-19-2010, 19:51
Those Filipinos are shady MoFo. :whistling: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

GAFinch
10-20-2010, 15:54
You don't have a Glock you can trade off? :dunno:

Gunnersmate4
10-20-2010, 16:25
You don't have a Glock you can trade off? :dunno:

I have two glocks but dont wanna trade them. They are part of my regular carry. I don't carry the Kimber much but I think I would carry the Citadel more than the Kimber.

Jason D
10-20-2010, 17:22
If you aren't happy with the Kimber, maybe you should try doing a private sale first.
That way you can a fair market value and not get reamed at a dealer.

Quack
10-20-2010, 17:29
I have two glocks but dont wanna trade them. They are part of my regular carry. I don't carry the Kimber much but I think I would carry the Citadel more than the Kimber.

Have you carried your Kimber yet? If not, i would say carry it and see if you'd carry a 1911. If you find that you don't like it, then you still have a nicer gun than the Citadel.

GAFinch
10-20-2010, 17:31
I see you're up in Washington...why the urgent need for a smaller gun, isn't it jacket weather up there by now?

Aiden
10-20-2010, 18:12
If you aren't happy with the Kimber, maybe you should try doing a private sale first.
That way you can a fair market value and not get reamed at a dealer.

Agreed.

If I were to get rid of my Kimber and get a less expensive gun, I'd be much happier about it if I had the difference in cash.

Jason D
10-20-2010, 18:29
Agreed.

If I were to get rid of my Kimber and get a less expensive gun, I'd be much happier about it if I had the difference in cash.

Exactly.

The last time I bought a .45, I was in position to sneak a look at the dealers bound book. They had just taken is a like new Springfield. I'm not sure of the model but it was stainless with Target sights. They had is listed as a Loaded.

They gave the poor sap 250.00 for his gun.
I could see the gun from where I was, and it looked like it hadn't been shot much.

A dealer is not there to give you a fair price. They want your used gun at the cheapest you'll except and sell it as high as some other will pay.
Private is the only way to go.

HAIL CAESAR
10-20-2010, 19:25
Sell the Kimber....buy what ever you will use. If you buy the Citadel and LOTS of ammo. Your better off that way.

DaverZ
10-20-2010, 21:25
I HAD a Citadel,actually 2 because i was having problems with the first one and sent it back for a replacement which had more problems than the first,after that i just got a refund and bought a Ruger SR9C.I've read posts where other people had them and had no problems whatsoever.They were on sale when i bought them,maybe it was a less than perfect run (dunno) but after that I was TOO wary to chance another one.